Anonymity, Trump supporters, the right-wing media, and the gman account

Unless they are immigrants.
Then you advocate putting them in cages.

That’s the thing dude. That’s why no one really gives a shit about discussing stuff with you in a respectful manner.

You are not a good person. You are a bad person. The world is worse with you in it.

Maybe you don’t like hearing that. I don’t care.

If you want people to think better of you, you need to be better. Having abhorrent views has repercussions.

Ultimately, there are other people who shares your views. They are also terrible people, but maybe you don’t think so. That’s fine. But they are the kinds of people who won’t give you shit for what you do.

I’m not doing you any favors by pretending that your bullshit is worthy of respect. Doing so would be just as detrimental to you as it would be to society. The trash you spew harms people, in real, tangible ways. And you bear responsibility for it. You deserve the shame you feel.

I think you’re being nasty and intellectually disingenuous, but you guys really love your absolutist labels. “Good person, bad person, disagreement and debate cannot be tolerated over some matters!” Disappointing, nasty. Again, I hope I don’t get like you when I’m older, but I believe you have the ability to change – which is what makes you not a “bad” person.

I seriously don’t care what you think, dude.

“I haven’t actually said anything racist” is constantly trotted out by the alt-right. As if calling someone a racial slur is the only way to be racist. Racists are basically never openly racist, because they know they would immediately be shut down by anyone listening.

So they come up with ways to justify the racism that they present as very reasonable - enlightened, even. They’re just trying to preserve culture, or prevent crime, or save taxpayer money. All good things that only idiots would oppose. And they have data! Studies! Not like the Left, with its feels-based arguing. No room for empathy in the realm of science and facts! And how dare they try to stand in the way of our free speech and stop us from asking these questions?

But they don’t present that data in good faith. They cherry-pick the data to justify their specific position, rather than develop a position based on a complete set of available data. It’s bad science and therefore bad argumentation. Most justifications for being opposed to illegal immigration or refugees or whatever fall apart when you look at more complete sets of data. That’s happened here with more than a few things you’ve brought up.

Sometimes the alt-right’s position ensnares otherwise reasonable people. Because they have gone to great lengths to appear reasonable. It’s possible you fall into this camp - a reasonable but maybe impressionable person who’s just trying to do right but for whom liberalism just doesn’t sit well. The problem is, now that we have done this for a few years and know how the alt-right argues, your perfectly reasonable (to you) questions and arguments look absolutely identical to those of much less reasonable, much more malicious racists.

So yeah, it’s on you to make us believe that you aren’t a duck when you quack, walk, look, and act like a duck.

…also by people who aren’t racists…

Dude, this forum calls books and magazines “white supremacist” that clearly are not. It’s the bias of this forum. It’s not “on me” when people here accuse everything they don’t like as being racist.

Where’s the link for people who are just being assholes?

We don’t need a link, you’re right here.

Still not sure why you’re still here.

Teehee.

Yeah, dog, that’s the whole point.

But again, maybe ponder why your views are indistinguishable from those of people who self-identify as racists.

It’s not “everything we don’t like.” Only stuff that looks like racism. Again, when you roll up in your duck feathers with your perfectly honed duck walk and duck quack, maybe it’s on you a little to convince the people you’re not like the ducks they’ve been dealing with for years.

“Looks like racism” is a pretty dangerous category. I’d suggest if you’re being a nasty person looking to demean others, as most posters are on this forum, it’s too tempting to use it as an inaccurate label rather than discuss anything remotely sensitive.

Not everyone wants to engage to the same degree. Welcome to the internet. People can be mean and correct, though.

You know what I do when someone calls me racist? I say, “Oh, dang, I’m sorry, what did I do that made you think that?” And then I evaluate their perception of what I did as well as my own. Because I’m not a racist either. But I don’t view “racist” as an insult designed to shut down all discussion.

Did everyone’s irony meters just explode? Mine did. I’m going to sue.

If people personally call you a racist and then spam memes and inane ‘playbook’ references to clutter threads, and then admins float the idea of doxing you, that’s definitely an effort to shut down discussion.

You can stop playing the victim on this one.

Are your eyes a deep shade of brown? I ask because I care. You might be completely full of shit.

Cites please. Details and quotes. Give them or shut up.

Quoted for posterity. Come on man. Take your little blue thumb out of your little blue ass and show some proof. Facts. The thing that you Trumpets never have.