Anonymity, Trump supporters, the right-wing media, and the gman account

LOL

You don’t even know what the word means apparently.

Fuck off fascist.

https://i.imgur.com/PzWF18p.png

And you’re not going to feel any better after wasting a few more hours here, so maybe you ought to find something more productive to do? Clean your room!

Are you pro-choice?! If so: Baby-killer! Boo, hiss.

You got to admit, Timex does hammer that moral high ground a bit much.

The moral high ground of not being a fascist piece of shit?

Yeah, it’s a real toughie to stand on. He’s only got… people like Krauthammer, Will and the like there with him.

You don’t even know what conservatism is other than “people who agree with me and hate what I hate.” And that isn’t what it is.

Krauthammer worked for Fox though! Burn the witch! We’re glad he’s dead, right?

Yeah, cause morality actually matters to people who aren’t pieces of trash.

Keep fucking that chicken.

51oL9jR%202IL

@gman1225 what are you getting out of this exchange? If you find it so toxic, why keep coming back? It seems like a major pathological weakness.

Everyone else - likewise. Why keep stirring the hornet’s nest?

A very disappointing exchange from both sides.

I assume we’ll be quoted in some article no one reads at some point.

Umm, spoilers for Ocean’s 8. It’s only been out like 2 weeks.

Yes, you are trolling expertly. Why people keep replying I do not know

That is what is blowing my mind as well. We have by now clearly established that he is not interested in having a normal, civilized conversation, nor is anyone else here. Everyone wants him to leave. So does he, if his posts are anything to go by: he hates it here and thinks everyone is pounding on him (which is true, because he keeps making sure that people do). And here we all remain…

The simple solution would be to just stop talking to him, so he has nothing to reply to. Of course, he would get bored then and would probably start making an appearance in other threads, where despite Tom’s good intentions he would probably get pound upon again. But surely that would lead to a ban at some point?

I guess both sides are secretly enjoying this? Weird…

@tomchick: thank you for explaining what you did and why you did it. I’m sorry someone you consider to be a friend finds it necessary to willfully stir up your house, and continues to do so. I hope you’ll be able to continue the friendship outside this forum!

Same.

For what it’s worth, I personally wouldn’t want to hang out and discuss politics with gman. His views, alternative/cherry picked facts and methods on this forum are representative of what I find reprehensible and even abhorrent in today’s political discourse.

That being said, when a whole sub-forum then descends into puerile name calling and will spend hundreds of posts telling someone what a piece of trash waste of space they are with no other substance to offer, it also makes me wonder what the “fine” people on this forum think they are doing.

I’m fine with strong rebuttals if you are still having an argument. But your only outlet being the reams of posts above is not something I look at proudly either.

I honestly wish gman would stop posting in here and discuss the latest board games he’s tried out instead. And I wish Qt3 could leave this thread to die a natural death. But this is a mess. And no-one comes out looking good.

PSA: it’s super easy to mute this thread if you don’t want to participate

Could anyone explain to me why people are still talking to gman? He’s a self-identified tribalist and thus arguing about anything with him is 100% pointless. A tribalist cannot be convinced by anything anyone non-tribe has to say. It’s impossible. One could offer up an iron-clad logical argument backed by 500 pages of triple checked research and a tribalist’s acceptance of it would solely be based on how it fits with the tribal narrative. If it doesn’t fit the tribalist will deflect, ignore, whatabout, claim they were always at war with eastasia, or do whatever it takes to dismiss the argument because to do otherwise would mean having to go against the tribal narrative. Which is the one thing the tribalist cannot do.

By the same account every claim the tribalist makes is worthless. Their guiding principle is that whatever is said should fit the tribal narrative. The validity of what is said is a distant second. Any claim put forth is thus far more likely to be a heap of lies with some truth mixed in rather than actual truth.

@tomchick, there’s no need or reason to ban gman for being a Tribal Trumpista. If you want to allow that sort of discourse that’s your prerogative. However, you should ban him for being an unrepentant self-identified tribalist, who, for the reasons stated above, adds no positive value to this or any other non-tribal discussion board. Tribalists cannot discuss. They can only push the tribal narrative, which considering the particular tribe gman belongs to only adds negative value.

Now, if anyone still insists on engaging with the tribalist anyway, here’s a tip. Just let them do the talking and just throw anything they say back at them. Don’t bother with looking for actual valid arguments because they are going to be dismissed anyway.

The only workable form of engagement (apart from insults apparently) is using closed questions. Acceptable answers are ‘yes/no’ or ‘yes/no and here’s why it’s yes/no’. Failing to provide yes/no and/or resorting to evasion of any sort means the worst answer to the question is true. They’re just too afraid to straight up admit it.

Ironically, they won’t straight up lie either. Because that would leave a public record of them going against the tribal narrative and they’re too afraid for that as well (does not apply to those shaping the narrative in the first place).

In summation: just ban him. His whining about being insulted, prosecuted and being subjected to the echo chamber was an inevitable outcome the moment he realized nobody here was going to convert to his tribe.

Yeah, just ban the guy who is literally only posting in one thread explicitly about him! How dare he reply to all our baseless, bitter insults! Posters here are pretty petty. Get more exposure outside your bubbles, and confront the reality that people who politically disagree with you are still, in fact, people – and many of them actually think their views may make the world a better place for everyone. Much better than just keep demanding they be silenced and using, puerile dumb words like “trumpista.”

I don’t see the need to ban him, just don’t talk politics with the man. What’s the point? You’ll have an easier time convincing a wall, and I hope he’s not going to convert anyone…

Just in case it needs to be said, I DO NOT give consent for any of my posts, expressions, comments or participation in QT3 to be used for any commercial purpose, including publication in any form of media, without prior written consent, with the exception of Tom who may do as he likes.