Another desktop wallpaper thread

I use this one at home

Thank you… I now have minions on the left monitor and Beaker on the right monitor, looking at the minions in shock. The two together make quite a desktop.

My iPhone wallpaper.

I don’t remember where I got this, but it’s fab.

I agree! It’s now my MacBook’s desktop. Thanks for sharing.

Clearly you’re a time-traveller from the future who has come back to mock us with your Elder Scrolls IX screenshots!

Wow, I just set that as my background. Nice image.

But most of the images I use as my background are from wikipedia’s background portal.

One Nation Under Cthulhu. I haven’t been able to refind where the high-res big version is, though.

That’s a 1600x1080 version. There’s a 2048x1382 version around somewhere too, but all the links I found were dead.

There’s also a small difference in that your pic has a dude holding a necronomicon, while the bigger version I found he’s holding some other book.

I love everything about that ride.

My shiny new Windows 7 desktop. Had to tweak a bit to get quicklaunch there (essential stuff, that new taskbar is just too damn slow and uneffective):

Had to tweak a bit to get quicklaunch there (essential stuff, that new taskbar is just too damn slow and uneffective):

Whaaaat?

With quicklaunch, if I want to open application or a folder (like downloads) I just click once.
With win7bar, I have to rightclick once, then go up and click once more on the folder I want to open. Two clicks instead of one = more hassle. Not to mention that when I am used to something for 8 years, it is annoying having to get used to something else, especially when it is worse.

Not the thread for this argument but suffice to say, you’re wrong. :)

Taken from a guy on PCGF.

Here’s my new background:

You can pin any folder to the Windows 7 taskbar. Also, if speed is your concern, you should really just be using Autohotkey. I have win+shift+d set to open documents, for instance.

yeah, you can pin it, it attaches to already existing explorer icon, and then when you want to actually open the folder, you have to righclick first on the explorer icon and then again left click on the folder.Because, you know, normal one left click opens some libraries that I never wanted.
With my setup only one click suffices. Plus I am used to doing it my way for 6 years and would not want to change my habit just because some genius at MS wants it.

As for hotkeys - I have my hand on my mouse 99% of the time, so for me it is quicker to use it rather than switch back and forth between mouse and keyboard.

jerri - would you please have larger version or post link ? very nice.

I have one that’s 1280x800 that I can e-mail to you if you want to shoot me a PM. There are several Inception wallpapers here that are bigger than that (I grabbed one of theirs and resized it for my 'puter).