Another desktop wallpaper thread

This is the one I am using now.

That’s really clever.

Hah, oh man that’s kinda awesome. I should set it up like that for my parents to try to hammer in the idea that an OS is like an office with file cabinets.

You’re going to need some more shelving, Marcus.

Yah. Marcus could we get a link to that?

Here’s the original copy of Rob’s so you can get it in real desktop size

Thanks, I was wondering where it came from.

Hey, look, I’m not the only one who puts the Start menu/Taskbar on the right side of the screen! The best place for it, really; I don’t understand why it isn’t the default. Well, OK, I do, but it’s still the best place. Confuses the heck out of most people who try to use my computer though.

Geoff

I was a late convert to the Start bar on the right school of thought. Now, it drives me crazy to use somebody else’s computer with it on the bottom, especially if they’ve got a widescreen display.

Yep, second I started using Windows 7 I moved it. Not sure why I used the right over the left, but I do.

I would do that if XP let me just use icons without text for active taskbar windows.

I’ve been using this picture I took a few years ago while on a visit to Montana.

Just added the large version of this to my backgrounds folder:

Also, the large version of:

I’ve been on a bit of a Mass Effect bent at the moment so here are a couple of my favourites

Is that artwork of Tali what she’s actually supposed to look like, or an fan artist interpretation?

Fan art

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/105/index/1718313/1

I love the Vladstudio stuff.

It has to be fan art since there’s a great understanding of the techniques of digital painting yet absolutely zero understanding of the bone structure of a face.