Another desktop wallpaper thread

… it’s an alien race whose facial features have never been seen.

So, they’ve never shown themselves because of how ashamed they are that they don’t have cheekbones on one side of their face.

I would also appreciate a “clean/empty” full resolution copy of that one!

The only thing I don’t like about it all the empty space. That huge wall between the bookshelf and desk, for example. If you are going to go for an office look (which is a cool idea), then you have to make it look less like an empty space. It needs more shelves if nothing else.

The concept is pretty cool, though.

There could be “posters” put up on the wall for graphic files, but I guess I’m in the minority that does enough editing and stuff to use something like that.

That would be cool. Imagine seeing photos from your user file in them!

Since it got some comments today, my current desktop wallpaper:

So, this alien race’s genetics allow for a little more asymmetry than humans’ do. WHAT’S WRONG WITH THAT?!

You realize that you’re arguing with Pogo? You may as well be talking to your own penis about the works of Plato.

Nobody’s arguing with me, nor should there be a need to. Everyone who sees that image, once you get past the very great technical detail in it, should see the messed up structure of the face.

Yeah, the sloppiness of the face seems surprising when you really zoom in and check out the texture on the cowl and the level of attention on the armor. Seems almost like a mix of an EA production still with some deviantart-level fan illustration.

Really? I was starring at the graphic and while the cheek on the right side (as I face it) look flatter I can’t tell if that’s just because of the lighting differences.

Anyway, I’m not going to try and see it anymore, YOU CAN’T RUIN THIS FOR ME!

By the way, I found out about 4walled, which archives wallpapers from 4chan. I know, it’s 4chan, but they actually post a lot of high-res wallpapers, and this site lets you filter them by resolution and “work safety”. Just make sure you select /wg/ from the filters unless you want a lot of Anime wallpapers.

You’ll never say hello to you
Until you get it on the red line overload.

-xtien

I’m ashamed to say I had to google that lyrics fragment to know from what song it came.

I didn’t recognize the lyrics either, but I figured it’d be a reference to danger zone, seeing as its so prominently used in the jet fighter montage in Top Gun.

You’re not the one who should be ashamed. The guy who posted that, who didn’t have to look it up…that guy should be ashamed.

-xtien

“That’s right, Ice…man. I am dangerous.”

Not unrelated to this I would imagine :)

Peter Jackson’s The Return of the King