Another desktop wallpaper thread

I posted the only sizes I had links to.

For Gnomeregan! by isayx3, on Flickr

Found it on this blog post, which has some excellent options.

Hrm. Seems like Imageshack wants websites to pay them for the privilege of having linked images, or the viewer needs their own account to view the images.

Way to sink your fucking business, Imageshack.

After a recent entry on mmalloy’s blog featuring a pretty okay picture that I apparently took in a rare moment of having a decent eye, I decided to change my iPhone lock wallpaper to…

My current phone wallpaper is a custom image I shot myself:

Cool!

Thanks.

It’s just a hand mirror under running water, with some background illumination, but I like the liquid mercury look of it.

Looks like the water tentacle from The Abyss.

Lately I’ve been using my snapshots for wallpaper as well. In celebration of my 50th post I will subject you to them.

Dig the turtles. I’ve never seen so many in one place before, outside of a pet store or aquarium.

I’m guessing Louisiana…

— Alan

Yeah, me too.

NYC. High Rock Park specifically.

I was close.

— Alan

This is so 2010, but it’s my current wallpaper. You can click it for a full size version:

Arise. It’s a new year and I re-upped my Earthdesk data subscription and forgot how beautiful it is.

This is the current (as of 10:14PM PST on January 1, 2018) disposition of the Earth. All cloud coverage is updated continually throughout the day. The red/white circles are Magnitude 4.0 earthquakes that have occurred in the past 24 hours. The small yellow/black circle is the position of the ISS.

I wondered if we had a thread like this… and we do!

Changed my background today from this:

To this:

Crap. Only available for Mac. :(

Er, unless you click the Windows button in the upper right.

http://www.xericdesign.com/earthdesk-win.php

So they have a free download, but I guess that’s just so you can look at the UI? It’s so kooky. It does nothing at all to my desktop. Looking at the site, it’s not obvious if this is intentional or not.

EDIT: Ah! It just needed a kick in the UI Tabs (or something). I clicked around the UI and it suddenly sprang to life on my desktop. Neat-o!