another new Netflix Show (Travelers)

Netflix is doing like 10 shows for every one HBO does now. They aren’t going to commit to or stick to a bunch of seasons for everything. They are at least still a far cry from network TV that releases a bunch of shows every year where half of them will never see a season two or just get cancelled 4 episodes in.

Since a lot of shows have actively bad endings (Dexter) or sharp decline in quality (the walking dead/game of thrones) , I have accepted sudden cancellations.

Other good shows cancelled I’d still watch: Deadwood, Carnivale, Sarah Connor Chronicles, Freaks and Geeks.

That is a solid list! I’ve never seen Carnivale though, maybe I should check that one out.

How come when I hit reply on someones post I don’t see the little reply symbol above my post like I can see on wisefool’s post when he replied to cornchip?

I think the show grows on you. I watched this as ‘something to have on’, and towards the end of season 1 and in season 2 I do think it improves substantially. The character work is excellent, and the sci-fi is good enough to be stimulating.

It’s hard to talk about the series ending without spoiling it. Season 3 ramps up the stakes significantly, and while I enjoyed the ending for what it was, I personally thought they could have done a lot better. Given that the show has ended, I have a hard time deciding if I recommend watching it or not. Still better than 80% of other shows I’ve watched, so make of that what you will.

It’s not that I dislike anything in particular (apart from the dumb writing in ep6), but for a time travel show, there has yet to be anything interesting when it comes to actual time travel.
I still have no idea how it even works (apart from the obvious) - how do changes manifest in the future? How is “director” able to do anything that he does? How does the future world or society looks like? What are the actual time travel rules on this show?

I hope these questions get well and interestingly answered in future episodes?

Last year I played Quantum Break, and that became possibly my favourite time travel story ever, because it was just so well done and consistent for the most part without relying on the timey wimey nonsense handwaving.

That sounds pretty good, I will keep going.

BTW has anyone watched Timeless? Is that also good?

Thats the one I did use and when I’m typing the response I can see that it says I’m replying to your post.

maybe it doesn’t kick in when it’s sequential. testing.

edit: yep, that’s it, there’s no need for a follow button when the reply immediately follows.

ok, that makes sense I guess

Uh… lower your expectations then.

Anyway, Timeless is similar in tone. Travelers always gave me a USA network feeling. The good guys are good, the bad guys are bad. If you want to see Abigail Spencer, I’d watch Rectify. I watched Travellers, it’s good to turn on while watching tv and shutting off brain.

Agree with the low-budget feel, but not with this. It’s not clear that the good guys are the good guys at all. Season 3 kinda messes this aspect up towards the end, but in general you’re left wondering whose side you’re on.

In hindsight, I might be more embarrassed that they called the other faction in the future “the Faction” than I am about the whole episode 6 debacle. Might as well call your fantasy world Magical.

Wow the episode 9 with the plane was totally fantastic and my favourite by far. Finally into it proper.

So I finished all three seasons and ended up liking it a lot overall. The ending was…decent enough.

Finally watched season 3. Enjoyed it, though slightly less than I did the other 2, probably because there wasn’t really anything new in this season. First season, everything is new; second season, bring in Traveler 001 and the Faction; third season, same stuff continued. Maybe they always intended a three season arc? They obviously left a hook for a sequel series, but this one wrapped up fairly nicely.