Another Stupid Mistake

Chillin’, and getting bombed by our own Air Force because they “blend in” so well and aren’t in combat.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20030406/wl_afp/iraq_war_us_kurds_friendlyfire_030406124130

Oops I saw them on TV in a firefight with some Kurds against a group of Saddam’s troops. Must have imagined. it.

Someone should rename himself Captain Make-Believe, 'cause we’re all supposed to just go along with whatever crap he makes up and no mountains of documentation can sway him from his paranoid, pseudo-patriot fantasies.

What. the. fuck.

How the HOLY HELL does that story prove, or even disprove, ANYTHING said in this thread? In fact in ANY thread? In fact in any conversation had anywhere by anybody at any time???
Some special forces guys got friendly fired…aaaaannnnddddd…it says what exactly where about uniforms or lack thereof? Who exactly made the claim that there are no special forces there??
My GOD my brain simply hurts. You are, without a doubt, the most ignorant, pathetic, useless excuse for a person this world has ever seen. Please, please, PLEASE take a long walk off a short pier and don’t tread water.

Clue: We didn’t bomb them because they looked like Americans.

It’s pretty doubtful wearing a uniform would have changed where that bomb ended up hitting.

We nearly blew up Hamed Karzai with a misdirected JDAM in Afghanistan. User error is a significant problem.

See here and here and here. As mentioned in that last link, the story is that the forward observer had to change the batteries in the targeting unit. When he did that, it reset the target coordinates to his own location and he did not re-input the intended target coordinates.