Another terrorist attack

A van attack and 1-3 knifemen underway at the moment on London Bridge and in Borough Market and another incident further away in Vauxhall. Lots of gunfire, most likely the Police/SAS as they have some serious manpower on the streets at the moment.

Last report I read the Vauxhall incident is unrelated to the other two.

Correct. The Vauxhall incident has been confirmed to be an unrelated stabbing.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-40147014

• Police confirm more than one fatality after terror attacks in London Bridge and Borough Market
  • Speeding van veered into crowds, reports of men attacking members of public with knives
  • Reports of “multiple” casualties and walking wounded
  • A third incident in nearby Vauxhall was a stabbing and not connected to terror attacks, say police

My 19 year old son was due to be out in the area in London with his friends tonight to watch the FA cup final. The meet was cancelled at the last minute. But it brought home to him how close you can be to those attacks.

Wendelius

According to a security manager interviewed a group of 3 men with long knives were attacking the bars in Borough Market and couldn’t be stopped by security so they pulled back until armed police turned up.

I heard it started in Brindisa, a tapas bar I know well. Borough Market isnt a regular haunt but I’ve been there more than a few times.

Borough Market is a very nice place to wander through. Good food. Very touristy. We go there once in a while too.

I can imagine the confusion after an attack there. Must have been chaos.

Right after retweeting this:

We he sends out this:

First thing out of his mouth. I am rarely so angry as this. Fuck you Donald Trump.

So are you angrier about that than all the people who were just murdered?

I can’t tell if that’s an actual question or if you’re just doing a spot-on impression of a Trump supporter.

-Tom

Thanks, Tom.

Come on. Trump says stupid stuff every day. Why do you think this time it hit a nerve?

Trump is an opportunist, and ISIS-affiliated scum will keep giving him opportunities. There is so much potential for this shit to get Archduke Ferdinand ugly in a hurry.

Well, as time shall try. Not a damn thing I can do about it either way.

Luckily, there isn’t much connection between ISIS and either Russia or China, the only equivalents to Austria-Hungary/Russia/Germany I suppose. It would take a supremely bizarre (though, sadly, not inconceivable) malfunction to result in even the weirdest Trumpism landing us in WWIII.

Again, I have no doubt that all the assailants will be British born so I’m not sure how Trump’s immigration ban could have prevented this attack.

That and “give back our rights” and “for safety” does not compute.

He’s actually saying let me take away rights for safety, but I’m fairly sure he doesn’t even know what rights are.

I can’t tell why people act more upset about tweets than they do about people being murdered in the streets. But yeah, clearly I was impersonating a group of people you don’t like.

What an idiotic misrepresentation of FF’s intent.

Because we assume that every person posting here has a basic sense of humanity and finds deaths of innocents to be atrocious. Repeating this view over and over again is preaching to the choir, so we move on and discuss other aspects of the situation. Asking “So are you angrier about that than all the people who were just murdered?” is explicitly saying that you don’t assume we all have that sense of humanity, specifically FF. That’s a dick move, and you should apologize.

I thought it was a parody of when the same exact thing happened to me, but for all I remember he’s the one who did it then too.

It’s his shtick.

I mean Trump supporters are literally murderers, so I’d say I’m about equally not okay with every piece of shit that voted for him (and obviously the man himself) as I am the pieces of shit who murdered a bunch of people in London today.