Another terrorist attack

I admit that my first thought after the relief hearing he hadn’t killed anyone or even himself was amazement that a mob of angry New Yorkers hadn’t beat the guy to death or rolled him onto the subway tracks as he lay there wounded. Of all the places on Earth I’d have to believe you really don’t want to be a terrorist who is suddenly outed and vulnerable, NYC is top of the list.

Jannah. Heaven. Paradise. It’s where we all wanna be in the hereafter

People of heaven will live forever and never die

People in heaven will be in permanent joy and will never feel miserable

The smallest estate in heaven is 10 times the size of the earth

There is no tree in Paradise that does not have a trunk made of gold

It will take 40 years to go past one tree, that is how big it is, and not our version of 40 years but the hereafters version

A whole tribe could eat from one pomegranate seed till they’re full

People will never urinate nor excrete, they will burp to digest their food which will smell of musk

Foods of Jannah will be that a person can continuously eat, and in one fragranced burp, digest to eat again

There is a sea of honey, a sea of wine, a sea of milk, a sea of water, and rivers flow out of these seas to each person

There are rivers of water, rivers of milk of which the taste never changes, rivers of wine, and rivers of honey pure and clear

People will sit on gold-encrusted thrones, reclining on green cushions and rich carpets, facing one another, eating and talking and drinking

Houses will be made of diamonds, rubies and pearls

Bricks used are of gold and silver

The houses will be so surreal the people will ask Allah ‘are these for the prophets?’ Allah will say ‘they are for you and the prophets’

People will be like Adam (AS), sixty cubits (27metres) tall, aged about 30 to 33 and their youth will never fade

There’s a market every friday that the wives will go to and the wind will blow on their face and increase their beauty and fragrance

Even the last person to enter Jannah will have ten times better than this world

If a hoor from Paradise were to look at this earth, she would light up everything between it and fill it with her fragrance

If a hoor were to spit in the oceans of the world, the salty waters would become sweet

If a hoor were to show one strand of hair into this world it would outshine the sun

Hoors will be wearing 70 layers of clothes but you will still be able to see through to their bodies

When you first see a hoor you will be stunned by her beauty so much so that you will stare at her for 40 years

This hoor will be so beautiful that you’ll be able to see your name written on her heart

She will show her love for you in 100 different ways just as she walks towards you

Her breast will be like a pomegranate seed, but not the pomegranate of his world, the pomegranate of the hereafter, humongous

She will have large beautiful coloured eyes and she will never have been touched before

If she walked past a dead person they would immediately come back to life

The hoors will sing to the men in the most beautiful voices that anyone has heard

Music will be heard, not music of this world but music of the hereafter which will be so much better

There will be beautiful colours that this world has never seen

The ultimate joy in Jannah will be seeing the face of Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala

He was probably rolling around in agony and they weren’t sure if he was a victim or not.

What’s a hoor, and do they also not poop?

This doesn’t sound like a place I want to visit, with all that undigested poop from the honey river bender everyone is sure to go on.

They can put this guy in the same cell with the underwear bomber and they can accidentally hang each other from the ceiling while trying to dig through the floor.

Personally I prefer inept terrorists over skilled ones.

[Rest of the Zillow listing of paradise/jannah snipped]

For most of these fanatics, the primary urge is of revenge or fight-back. If they believe they are going to Jannah, then for most of them it’s only a bonus on the side. Primarily they are striking back against the injustices and killings that they believe are happening all across the world, and in particular to the Muslims of Middle East and Central Asian region. Believing that they are soldiers of their religion elevates their self-worth. Somehow they reconcile the very strict Islamic tenets of not harming innocents and non-military folks (and even trees in enemy territory) in war, with their own intent of killing children and other innocent people and causing maximum destruction. Some of them are aided by stupid beliefs that no one in a democracy is innocent, and that all citizenry is part of the enemy government. I am also certain, many of them must carry a lot of mental issues.

Finally, as to how people like these start thinking of their own society as enemy, there are many possible reasons. Perhaps they were always brought up as aliens in a foreign land, or they couldn’t cope with adjusting to two cultures, or they felt marginalized, or they had the aforementioned mental issues. Whatever the cause may be, an overwhelming majority of such people still sort these issues out in non-violent ways, as they grow old and make peace with themselves and others. Very few can’t handle it and become cannon fodder for militant ideologies.

Houris are the perfect women.

It has also been said that all houris are “transparent to the marrow of their bones”, hairless, and 27 metres tall. and dont pee or poop.

but really that’s the least of your worries when you have a herd of seventy two giant hairless humanoids with see through skin, visible organs and transparent bones to somehow shepherd around paradise.

but its worth it because noted scholars have spent a lot of time discussing this.

Al-Suyuti. Al-Itqan fi Ulum al-Qur’an. p. 351. Each time we sleep with a Houri we find her virgin. Besides, the penis of the Elected never softens. The erection is eternal; the sensation that you feel each time you make love is utterly delicious and out of this world and were you to experience it in this world you would faint. Each chosen one will marry seventy [sic] houris, besides the women he married on earth, and all will have appetizing vaginas.

what vaginas?

“Zuhd (Book of Abstinence), Hadith 4337”. Sunan Ibn Majah. 5. Abu Umama narrated: "The Messenger of God said, 'Everyone that God admits into paradise will be married to 72 wives; two of them are houris and seventy of his inheritance of the [female] dwellers of hell. All of them will have libidinous sex organs

That clarifies things.

libidinous
lɪˈbɪdɪnəs/Submit
adjective
showing excessive sexual drive; lustful.

Uh, so these 72 giants you now own? I take it you have an umbrella?

Anyway, I digress, I’ve turned the thread into a lesson on Islamic scholarship, which spends inordinate amounts of time detailing the minutiae of the rewards of martyrdom.

Uh…thanks, but no thanks.

If the erection lasts longer than eternity, consult your deity (PBUH).

No one told me the reward for martyrdom was actually priapism, infection, gangrene and finally amputation.

You gotta read the fine print, man.

Hey, it’s like EULAs. Nobody reads the fine print of the Faustian bargain they are signing up for. The… ahem… licensing agents count on it.

It had to happen eventually but it appears that Toronto is no longer living in a bubble safe from terror. I don’t think it has actually been confirmed as a terror incident yet but using a vehicle as a murder weapon is pretty textbook in this day and age. Looks like 10 killed and 15 injured? I was watching a grainy video of the standoff between the police and the suspect and I couldn’t help noticing two things: 1) The suspect suddenly pulled out and aimed something that looked like a weapon at the police. If that had happened in the US he would have been an automatic dead man. 2) What the hell are the people doing behind the suspect, sauntering along as if nothing has happened, even after they look back and see the suspect and police aiming weapons at each other?

It’s still terrible but I hope it’s true that it’s not related to terrorism. I like my bubble.

He even snatches it out repeatedly. Definitely trying to get shot. If I’m hearing it correctly he says “Kill me, I’ve got a gun in my pocket.” The cop says “I don’t care, get down.”

[quote=“ShivaX, post:217, topic:130044”]

When the Toronto news broke, all the right wingers were declaring islamic terrorism… It’s been revealed the suspect is Alek Minassian, a white guy, and that same crowd is now declaring it’s mental illness.
[/quote]Now that the mental illness diagnosis has been crowd-sourced, has the crowd published their findings? I’d be interested in seeing what he’s been diagnosed with here, specifically. I hope there’s treatment.

white dude. 45 twitler won’t comment on twitter.

Happened in the area right outside my home. Almost stepped out around the time of the incident, but went a bit later instead and had to turn back - streets were all blocked off with police tape.

Pretty surreal scene for North York. Ethnically this is sort of a Korean/East Asian/Persian area in the northern end of the city, so islamic terrorism certainly wouldn’t be my first guess.