Another terrorist attack

I don’t know in the US, but using terrorist attacks for specific and circumstantial political gains is a big no-no here (and we have a much longer history of this kind of thing). Mostly because one of the goals of these attacks is to modify policy. I have the feeling is pretty much the same in the UK (because they also have a sad, long history), but I am less certain.

When there’s a terrorist attack you should think of the victims, not of what you can do to use it to push your policies forward, because doing so is disrespectful to the victims.

But this is what Trump is doing. He is disrespecting the victims and the seriousness of the situation. Not being angry at that is actually not thinking of the victims.

But somebody shouted him down, it seems, because his later tweets are more in line with what a normal, not psychopathic person would write, so credit where it’s due.

It’s very much the same in the UK.

Yikes, so you weren’t joking? So you think people are more upset at the Tweet than the actual attack? Out of curiosity, how are you quantifying their level of upset?

I don’t see anything here suggesting anyone is more upset by the Tweet, which by my math is only about 20% as reprehensible as the attack.

-Tom

Well, liberals love Muslims and hate America, therefore, ipso facto pro bono, they’re glad when Muslims commit terror attacks and mad that the President is so powerfully​ alpha.

It’s just the tired conservative talking point that libtards love Muslims/diversity so much that they turn a blind eye to everything they do. Meanwhile, what they get upset about is not being politically correct lol!!!

It’s bullshit, but doesn’t stop concerned citizens like Carlton from cluck-clucking in admonishment whenever there’s a tragedy.

Come on, this isn’t true. Only a certain percentage are murderers. The rest are vocal supporters of murderers.

BTW, one potential knock-on effect of Trump’s tweet: affirmation that his executive order is indeed a travel ban.

He is un-smart.

Some context:

Huge numbers (comparatively) during The Troubles (hmm, I guess the IRA were MUSLIMS!), then a sort of lower plateau as the Northern Ireland situation was slowly and painfully sorted out more or less. Then, pretty much…not much at all, other than a handful of events.

The Lockerbie thing is arguably a US stat, as it was a Pan Am plane, even though it blew up over Scotland.

I just read this from the NY Times story on Trump’s tweets after the attacks.

“At least 7 dead and 48 wounded in terror attack and Mayor of London says there is ‘no reason to be alarmed!’” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter.

Either Mr. Trump misunderstood what Mr. Khan had said or distorted it.

“Misunderstood or distorted” reminded me of cartlonb’s horseshit last night. He’s being dumb and/or cruel. I still can’t believe that the worst kind of online forum behavior also comes out of the Oval Office.

CAN
NOT
F*%&ING
BELIEVE
IT

He is the ultimate self-centered, conceited, egocentric, moron. Not a day goes by that I don’t wake up and wonder if it was just a twisted nightmare that he was elected.

Huh? The problem the courts have is that they believe it’s a Muslim ban. I don’t think anyone disputes the travel part of it.

He seems to find new and disgusting ways to troll the world each and every week. What’s maddening is I don’t think he is smart enough to be this good a troll. But I think a big part of the reason he is so effective at being a great troll is he is also POTUS.

Sean Spicer and justice department lawyers are calling it not a travel ban it is extreme vetting.

https://twitter.com/davidmackau/status/826501584993542149?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.buzzfeed.com%2Fsalvadorhernandez%2Fpresident-trump-called-his-executive-order-a-travel-ban

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.”
Doublethink means the power of holding two contradictory beliefs in one’s mind simultaneously, and accepting both of them.”

By calling it a travel ban, the next legal question is “Who is banned?” Which raises the equal protection issue and a host of others.

So no, calling it a travel ban likely made his lawyers throw up in their mouths a little.

In something that may or may not be related, a Civ V-style chain denouncement of Qatar is going in. No specifics except for nations suddenly stating that they’re supporting terrorism. The thing is, that’s long been suspected (if not assumed). Something new must be afoot.

My best friend during the Clinton impeachment, was an IP litigator, on occasions he’d go on rants about what a horrible client Clinton was because he’d never shut up.

You have to imagine that Trump will soon be the role model all over law school in class on what do with a client who is own worse enemy.

https://img.memecdn.com/double-facepalm_o_433130.jpg

Holy shit, you’re right.

This looks…bad. Saudi-Qatar war inc?

Would be a short war.

Unless we decided to protect our base there.

More info:(warning, the Aljazeera link crashed chrome.)