Another terrorist attack

2 dead, 24 injured. 12 critical. One shooter down. At last report.

Wow. I left Vegas today at 8pm. Glad I wasn’t still there for this.

At this time we do not believe there are any more shooters. More information to come shortly from @Sheriff_LVMPD.
— LVMPD (@LVMPD) October 2, 2017

Fox had an interview with a LA firefighter who after getting his family out, identified himself to SWAT and helped with removing the casualties, it sounded like he spent maybe an hour or more helping out, performing triage and removing bodies on makeshift gurneys. He personally saw at least 15 dead bodies., so I fear the 20+ dead could go much higher.

Jesus, over 50 dead and 200 injured according to The Guardian. It’s the worst mass shooting in American history.

Not sure this should be in this thread, though admittedly at this point who knows?

I can only begin to imagine the thoughts and prayers that are going to flow as a result of this. Especially, (as it appears at a glance) that the attacker is an old, white man.

I think this needs its own thread based on current info. The news is being careful not to call this a terrorist attack, they’re all referring to it as a mass shooting. The worst in US history.

Not a terror attack. Suspect was white.

(And yes, that’s sarcasm.)

Shooting into a crowd of thousands with automatic weapon = Absolutely no terror involved

/s

Twitter thread on all the disinformation on this attack:

And Buzzfeed has one too for the twitter averse:

This deserves its own topic. I split it out here, and a mod should feel free to move relevant posts if they desire.

I see your point. But terror /= terrorism, not in our usual parlance. No matter, it’s still horrific no matter what you call it.

Does this fit here?

Dude, that’s a white guy, not a terrorist. Probably just a loner who enjoys the simpler things in life.

What we really need to know is what his hobbies were and how much of a regular guy he was.

A guy tried to blow himself up in Portland last night:

Presumably this is just another nutter doing his part to Keep Portland Weird. Maybe it’ll be a national story once someone finds his social media accounts and we can start arguing over whether he was a Nazi or antifa. I forecast a 0% chance of anyone in Portland making a serious effort to find out why this keeps happening here.

Do people think Damian Lillard’s new album is that bad?