Anthem - BioWare's take on Destiny

As far as I could tell Items have not been replaced with embers, they just added embers.

A group of 4 ran temple of scar on gm2. 3 legendary drops in the group. Not bad.

Ranger changes are fantastically fun.

Are the thruster/overheating changes noticable?

Best Defense seems to have been nerfed a bit. I used to be able to spam it by hitting walls, the floor, allies or basically anything to get health back. No longer.

That sounds like a bug fix, not a nerf.

@Alistair I don’t remember it feeling any different, honestly.

On the upside, performance on PC seems slightly better. They also fixed the infinite health exploit with the Storm javelin but the intermittent 9/10 Ice Shard spam glitch (where you can constantly spam Ice Shard and it doesn’t count down to 0/10 properly but resets to 9/10) still happens but isn’t as game-breaking since it does so little damage.

Now that you mention it, I don’t remember any hitching at all when playing earlier.

The Ranger/ Colossus changes are fantastic. Many interesting builds have opened up.

But they actually nerfed loot even more. GM2 is all purples and blues. You don’t even get the guaranteed MW from Strongholds, now, so it’s nothing at all. I also opened two Elysian chests. Both contained… 80 colossus parts (Javelin parts are the least useful of all crafting items).

I’m out, I think. BW just doesn’t know how to do this.

I’ve not had time to play a lot of the game yet, and mainly play MP with some friends. I still enjoy it for the core gameplay, but I don’t really feel Fort Tharsis or the world.

I hope they implement a game mode that is closer to the Mass Effect multiplayer, though. I think a horde mode with objectives on larger maps would be great.*

*= I have no idea if any of the strongholds does this already, though.

Known issues

I don’t know about 20%, but I definitely feel like I’m flying for less time before overheating.

hahaha… this is a game that hate his players.

they have made so if anyone pick a green item, everyone get it, you inventory will fill with trash other people get

I thought greens didn’t show up anymore when you hit level 30.

Is this with a luck heavy build, out of curiosity? I know you were having issues with that build before. I swear this game gets half its stats wrong (as I say this I see the posts talking about the overheating time, hah).

I run about 70% Luck on my ranger, which is what I played today.

Ranger is a LOT better now, if you have a full set of the MW components. He’s a self-healing, single-target beast of a javelin. You can stack armor and basically spam combos, all of which do great damage and heal you.

I know you’re done and RNG is RNG, but if you do fire it back up I’d be really curious to see what you were getting without much in the way of the Luck stat!

Oh, I say I’m done. But I say that sort of stupid thing a lot. As soon as BW says something else to spark my irrationally boundless optimism, I’ll be right back for the old familiar sting.

I like the core gameplay of this too much to truly give up.

Apparently the interceptor changes are just as good from what I’m hearing. Also:

This is fantastic. GM2 Heart of Rage that netted only 1 MW.

Some observations…

The Legendary Mission was fun. Seemed like a lot more enemies spawned, and some harder ones in there too. There’s some real irony in it being Incursion though, given how many times I quickplayed into a broken version of it while leveling up. I guess it’s not a guaranteed Masterwork though at GM1?

Elysian Chests are…ok? Out of 3 chests, I got one vinyl, ranger parts, and some crafting materials. Oh, and I used my key, but it failed to open the chest.

I may be imagining it, but I think I’m moving slightly quicker through Tarsis when running?

Insta-loading the Forge was nice, and glad to see them displaying components on the main screen now. And I never knew that apparently Colossus components are bugged and take up two spaces in the vault? No wonder I come close to the 250 limit fairly often.

Performance did seem a little improved. I think I only hitched one time, and it was during that run between Monitor phases in Heart of Rage where there’s a lot of effects going on at once. I also seemed less squishy in GM1 overall, but I also slotted in a few masterwork components tonight so that may have helped.

Legendary missions don’t have a guaranteed masterwork, I don’t think.

I feel faster in the fort too…thought maybe it was the FOV?

And holy cow interceptor is bonkers!