Anthem - BioWare's take on Destiny

Try backing that off a little and see if it changes. It may be superstition, but people claim overshooting the cap can cause problems.

Ran into a bug where I could spam Ice Shards on my Storm javelin without cooldown constantly. Puny damage but good for crowd control.

That’s fun. I decided to take my Storm out for a spin in Freeplay and multiple times hit a bug where I could not get my abilities to fire. It would start, but nothing would happen. Landing and taking off again seemed to fix it.

My understanding is you can legit do that with speed gear.

Ugh. So to unlock the purple recipes for each item slot, you need to complete 12 missions or events with the item equipped. But the masterwork variants don’t count towards that? FFS. I switch between javelins all the time, I’m not going to equip a crappy version of each ability I want to use and run 12 missions for each of them. What an awful system. Anyone know if that’s a bug or designed intentionally that way?

Have you hit level 30 yet? Because when you do you open up progression for masterwork gear and weapon mastery, they have their own separate from the existing ones.

You’re never going to need or use the purple recipes. I have 3000+ mats of each now and they’re not used for anything. MW recipes open up from doing weapon challenges (killing successive numbers of enemies) but I think weapon/ability challenges are bugged now and not counting if you use MW/Legendary and not purple/Epic.

OK, I’m “finished” equipping all available slots with Legendaries to get a final iLevel of 788 since Support has only Epic so far. Still odd to see people abbreviate it as “leg” and I keep thinking there’s a “lower body pants” item for the javelin. Didn’t bother figuring out intricacies of inscriptions to know if they’re any good so I’m not wasting my time by chasing after pointless GM2+ runs that drop me in front of The Monitor endlessly.

Masterwork weapons definitely make progress toward the epic version. If gear doesn’t work that way, I hadn’t realized it. But why on earth would you want to make an epic version if you have a masterwork? Unlock the masterwork recipe and make that. At any rate, it is missions or freeplay events. The latter is much quicker.

I assumed the masterwor recipe was behind that one because that’s how it’s worked thus far. Where do I see the masterwork recipe requirements in game?

35 missions/events. You can find it in the cortex under gear. If you have a given masterwork, unlocking the epic recipe isn’t necessary to get the masterwork version.

Hmm, yeah, I don’t see that. I see the gear challenge for Burning Orb, but it’s for the purple. I have 6/12 missions complete to unlock that, but using the masterwork is not giving me credit towards mission completions. I was trying to figure out why I wasn’t progressing very fast on those challenges, heh. That’ll teach me to bounce around between javelins and gear on the way to L30.

I’ll take another look when I boot the game up next and see if I’m missing something else.

Ok, as @divedivedive asked, you don’t see them because you aren’t level 30 yet. Not sure if you are getting progress or not.

No I’m L30, gear score around 700.

And you didn’t complete the one for Ten Thousand Suns already?

Nope, but I do bounce around between javelins and gear a lot. I’ll fire it up when I’m at my computer next and give the challenges another look.

My son is also missing some skill challenges. Low ones, pre level 30., we both are. He completed Gear Item Challenge I, but Gear Item Challenge II won’t show up. He has the item as a drop and of course could craft the green. He has other skills and weapons where the Challenge II shows and advances, so if there is a faction or level unlock, her is past that gate and can complete other skills. He did not bounce javelins either. So it shouldn’t be due to any of those things.

I think there may be a bug somewhere. No clue what caused it.

You won’t get a masterwork recipe for any weapon or skill until you get that masterwork to drop. Once you have a drop, you equip it and either kill a bunch of legendary enemies with it (weapons) or take it on a bunch of missions/ world events (skills). Once you finish those feats, those recipes will appear along with all your others.

MW stuff takes 15 MW embers apiece to craft, along with a fair bit of Alloy/ Compound.

MW Component recipes are different. They are locked behind a ludicrously grindy feat – 50k favor with each of the three factions. I doubt even 5% of the player base ever reaches that.

I did get all 3 factions but don’t see any MW recipes only Epic purples still.

Really solid legendary drop on gm2 freeplay this morning. Ralner’s Blaze with 200% damage and 60% armor. I can now prime with fire, electric, ice, and acid on my Colossus, which is kind of hilarious.