Anthem - BioWare's take on Destiny

Enemy variety from the demo and the released endgame encounters.
Endgame content from… well… is posted in youtube videos. 2/3 of it.
Loot from these videos and the UI.
Map from the content in the demo and declaration from the devs in twitter / press. No crazy lava with crystals area at release, all the map is a single biome.

Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, theres a lot of information available.

There was more enemy variety in the demo than Destiny or Warframe (not currently, I haven’t played in ages, so this has likely changed), imo. Why isn’t that enough?

I don’t get why people are so hung up on biomes. The most frustrating thing about the demo outside crashes or disconnects was that there were so many cool places I wanted to fly to and explore, but couldn’t. As it was, there were caves, mushroom forests, ramshackle villages (both on ground and built onto cliffs), swampy areas, waterfalls, underwater passages, ancient temples/ruins and plenty of other things to see. Then factor in weather changes like simple rain, lightning storms, and winds that looked like tornados full of debris. there was plenty of variety for me. Who cares if it was all one biome?

Yeah, I didn’t have a problem with the variety myself. Definitely better than (base) Destiny.

I meant D2 by the way (I didn’t play the first, so tend to think of D2 as “Destiny”). Good point. That game has lots of biomes but they are all boring as hell. I mean, did anyone spend more than 2 minutes on Mercury and think, “awesome! A new biome”.

Oh, I meant D2 as well, but also D1 now that I think about it.Don’t know if either got more enemy variety with expansions.

I visited Paris once, and ate in McDonalds.

Fillion.gif

I mean. Huge map. Beautiful graphics. But is a single biome, so if you have seen this small part of the map. You have seen all of it.

I had the same problem with No Man Sky, the whole planet was the same biome. I wanted to see different biomes in a single planet. Because thats a reason to explore. To move my ship around.

Destiny 1 is not like this… you go to the moon, and it feel like a different place. Venus is a different place. Mars is a different place.

I feel we hare paying high polycounts for variety. And thats a bad tradeoff… for me. If we can’t have variety and high polycounts. Maybe more variety is better than high polycount.

We are in wild disagreement on this point. I’ve seen other people express the same view, though. It isn’t just you.

My wife and I intentionally try to eat McDonalds in every country we visit to test the supply chain and local items. Fun fact: Malta has the best fries and everything in Turkey was gross.

I thought it was great, M&K. I might buy a full price game for the first time in forever. I’m half toying with a new gpu…

That looks like cool new stuff incoming shortly after launch. It says “Starting March 2019” but I predict people will be screaming when all of it isn’t released in March

Speaking of end-game content:

yeah I know, one biome, yawn

OMG, the font used in the game is probably the worst I’ve ever seen. What were they thinking? I just can’t believe a AAA dev would make such an amateurish mistake.

Totally waiting for this to go on sale for $5 before jumping in. Inexcusable.

(Did I do any of that right?)

I dunno, maybe something derogatory about the parentage of the collective Bioware development group, should cover all the bases.

Character creation

The diagonal UI elements are a bit odd, if not the font :)

That confused my fingers during the demo, because I kept trying to push up and left to move to the block that was, you know, up and left from where the cursor was. But you just have to push up to get there.

Their diagonal UI sucks. In addition to the issue dive mentions, it’s just a monstrous waste of space.

Yeah, if you look at the gameplay calendar they’ve obviously adopted it as their style. Not the best. Not that it really matters.

I’m not going to watch that endgame video. Why spoil stuff.