Anthem - BioWare's take on Destiny

Also, we’ve got achievements, if you’re into that kind of thing. Not me, totally over it.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/game/anthem/achievements/

Somehow, I think it’s hilarious that for a game where one of the classes is readily identified with Iron Man, they chose to use a song by Ozzy, even though it’s a different one.

I think the SP hub would be more fun if you played as one of these when out of your suit…

I’m going to guess it’s a live-action short/commercial.

If anyone is looking for pre-order discounts, Newegg has codes for both versions @ 10% off.

Has to be. And that’s a pretty big name to have involved in your marketing campaign.

I think for every version except the Xbox online codes, it’s $10, which comes out to better than 10%. Strange they don’t seem to PC Legion of Dawn edition.

I don’t know what the source of this image is, but according to it, US players with Origin Access may actually be able to play on the evening of the 14th:

If you look in Origin, it says 2:30 PST/5:30EST

Yea, great news about Anthem is that Oats studios is making something for it.

Polygon released a huge feature on Bioware and Anthem:

That… seems… high.

It does. And I worry about what happens if they fall short.

One thing in my jonesing to play a bit more of this is just how beautiful it looked in 4k on the xBoneX.

A teaser for a teaser seems unnecessary.

Hmmm. Thought maybe this was going to be about Helena Tarsis, but it is being described as being “decades before” the game. That would have to be a whole lotta decades.

Only available from origin too, apparently.

Man, hype for this game seems to have evaporated in my online social circle after the launch of Apex. I had three friends planning on getting the game and I was considering joining them, but all of them have opted out now because they’re all playing Apex. I wonder if that anecdata is a crazy outlier or if there’s a wider impact? This just seems to make it a lot harder for Bioware to hit what I thought were already unrealistic sales targets.

It’s just another textbook example of EA cannibalizing itself, ala BF1 and Titanfall 2 releasing a week apart in 2016.

You’d think they’d learn.

And no, you aren’t imagining things. Apex hit 10 million users in 3 days. Fortnite took a week to hit that mark. And Apex hit 25 million in a week. In took Fortnite 3 weeks.

At least this time Respawn didn’t get hosed for the 3rd time.