Anthem - BioWare's take on Destiny

I can tell you that for whatever reason, it takes @Oscuros a good bit longer than me to load in…like a couple of minutes each time. This means, even if I go nowhere, he’s missing start of mission dialog every time.

He’s having additional weirdness, like not seeing enemies for 5-10 seconds after I do as well. We have tried both him joining me and vice- versa, but it doesn’t appear to have an impact.

The biggest complaint I’ve seen online is that if you join a mission like you described and people have gone ahead, it can then force another load on you to jump to them, leading to a string of nothing but load screens. I haven’t seen anything like that, but can imagine it would be terribly frustrating.

I suggest if you have a system that takes longer to load, do missions privately or with friends that won’t run ahead on you.

Do you find that quick play tends to favor your most recent story mission? It certainly seemed to in the open demo, but the pool was much smaller then.

This seems like a good compromise, and I’m certainly in no rush for the level cap. I’ll give this a try. My load times didn’t seem overly long, but I’d hate to lose the leveling stories the first time through

I didn’t think about this, but I guess it would make sense that the mission script might be running globally instead of per player. All the more reason to wait for everyone to load in before starting the script. Hard to believe Bioware would miss this in testing, given the story driven focus.

Not that I noticed. In the demo, it was, as you noted, a very small pool. Not now!

Btw, if anyone is struggling with getting multikills, you need to kill 8 enemies in 10 seconds by any combination of skills/abilities/ultimates/guns/etc (a reddit poster says they were told this by a dev and from experience it seems reasonable). People saying ults don’t work are wrong. This is pretty easy to get done on freeplay, especially on easy. If you are wondering why this matters, it is part of a story objective a ways in.

@Oscuros

Died in a MP mission and couldn’t get a ressurect so I hit the respawn button.

Queue a 30 second loading screen.
Upon ressurecting far in the back, I have the 20 second timer that I’m outside friendly zone, except there is 8 seconds left of it.
8 seconds pass by.
Queue another loading screen for 10 seconds as my characters x,y,z coordinates are moved a few thousand integers…

Really poorly implemented.

Edit: I wonder if Squad invites from the expedition start screen works or not. There is absolutely no feedback when you invite someone.

The in-mission loading screen when you’re just being repositioned is something they said they’ve fixed. I believe it’ll be in the patch for the 22nd, but I’m not 100% sure on that.

Did they say they were changing how that worked?

@instant0 invites from expedition start definitely work

The respawn thing was discussed in a reddit thread here:

And confirmed the dev said this will be in the next patch.

Sent you a request. I’m VC-Kadath

Got it, thanks!

Yeah, they HAVE to fix the load times. Even with an SSD they are way too long… even BF1/5 load faster… and thats a mp game with 64 player maps!

What’s with all the loading mid missions? I can take long loading times before a mission start, but mid mission, that’s just baffling.

There’s too much friction between me getting into this game and enjoying. I can’t be bothered to load it up only to traipse slowly through Fort Tarsus.

There needs to be an option to start in the mission select screen somehow.

Does it ALWAYS nag me about setting it to Private mode?

I think Access members can invite friends into the trial to play today, if anyone’s interested.

You mean like to enter a cave? Or something else?

I haven’t seen any patterns, but it’s incredible annoying every time it happens, especially with those obnoxious load times.

I could see the loading stuff being Frostbite related. I doubt streaming of larger areas is something that DICE has ever really had to worry about in Battlefield, where it’s about loading up one map at a time.

Not trying to trigger anyone, just speculation on my part.

I don’t think anyone has really highlighted this but the flight model is fun