Antihero - Qt3 League

Re: going first – I need to do more data analysis to determine. In multiplayer games, player 2 gets an extra lantern on their first turn to offset the disadvantage, which means they can get two first-tier upgrades on the first turn, which is a pretty big boost to your early game.

(As 2nd player, I generally take Urchins and Gang on my first turn, assuming there’s a Henchman around that I can have my Gang take out. Otherwise, Urchins and Scouting. And sometimes Gang and Scouting if I’m feeling particularly bold about early expansion!)

Did you hear my JAW dropping?!
You can get multiple upgrades on a single turn!!!

I heard it @Left_Empty!

Ha! That is news to me also!

Now i feel so dumb; like a thug!

There’s an upgrade shop UI update in the pipeline, to make things like this more obvious - but it may also warrant a callout in the tutorial.

(You incur a +1 Lantern tax to the cost of each additional upgrade you purchase on a given turn - similar to the recruit-unit +1 Gold tax for multiple recruits of the same unit type.)

I think I misunderstood the tutorial about the bribe or charity being applicable to the whole screen.
Setting the player as the second player in the tutorial game, and advising him to get 2 troops like you suggested, might be a great way to teach any newcomer about the possibility, maybe - if that isn’t too overwhelming an amount of info for a first player turn, that is ;)

I had noticed that and thought it was the remnant of a previous system! Some weird rationalization at work.

A[quote=“Left_Empty, post:182, topic:127788”]
Did you hear my JAW dropping?!You can get multiple upgrades on a single turn!!!
[/quote]

Yeah, but the second costs an additional Lantern.

Damned Henchmen! Blocking me in another game! Stupid spawns of evil!

I think it’s a close game, no?

Not sure if this is a bug or WAD, but since Tim is hanging out here I’ll cross-post this.

In my current game (against ottothegreat) I was able to evict his Urchin from a Church. But when I tried to infiltrate it with one of my own, I kept getting a message that it was blocked.

Did you evict using a nearby gang? Perhaps your urchin was blocked somewhere along the way from your guild hall. I think only saboteurs can bypass obstacles (thugs, henchmen etc.)!

Me 6 > geggis 5

That was such an excellent match, good sir. I hope we are in the same group next Season! We pair up well.

I had 5 assassinations and a bribe, while geggis had two heirlooms, two contracts, and one something else. I’m not even sure that “contract” is a thing. Anyhow, he had many interests, while I simply had blood soaking my hands.

@geggis’ guess is mine as well. (Of course, It’s possible there’s a bug in the pathfinding code, but I’d be surprised!)

An excellent game Dave! And let me tell you this: I was one coin away from winning on my last turn! One coin! Well played sir. My infrastructure was collapsing around me so I’m surprised I even had that close an opportunity.

geggis 5 > @Thraeg 0. That was a rough game for Thraeg. I had a bank and two trading houses right next to my guild hall so I was able to get my infrastructure up very quickly. Early on I scouted the foggy districts with a few saboteurs so I knew where to focus my actions – that was super handy and the first time I’ve done it fully.

Wait, they can scout? WHAT? Do they leave footprints?

@geggis, tell me how one coin was all that you needed!

Saboteurs can scout any district regardless of the state of the FoW and don’t leave footprints.

I guess I am just glad you think that!

I didn’t realize that the starting tableaus were asymmetric. I like it!

Thraeg 5 > @lordkosc 3. I got a couple of early assassinations. The tide was definitely turning against me in terms of map control and infrastructure, but I managed to hang on just long enough to get a blackmail and a bribe on the final turn. Good game.