Antihero - Qt3 League

Thanks @Mysterio. And everyone, for the quick replies. We’re in business! Don’t sweat the pace.

No, bribes. I checked again. It was vs. AI. I have 9 Lanterns right how and it still shows I’ve done the final bribe (checked off, unable to bribe again).

Frustrating.

I’ll email the dev later. I have a few critiques as well. Looks to me like the right hand path in the Guild is not used anywhere near as often as the left, or am I just missing how important that side is?

Playing vs. Mysterio, have not started vs. @tgb123 yet. Will invite a bit later.

No tgb123 in their system…“no user with that name or email.”

Refer to the first post. His Antihero name is tgb.

I’m on it.

Group 1: geewhiz > tgb123 (Close game 5 - 4).

NOTE:
I hit one more burglary but did not see the score. Where would the score appear?

It was a close game with give and take.

tgb123 dominated on the boat. Usually I would try to attack the dock right away but this time I held back and bulit up my gang to try to prevent him from winning (he was at 4 victory points at that time - IIRC).

I also attacked his church to give me some breathing room and took away the blackmail point. He regained the 4th victory point and it was four to three, in tgb123’s favor.

On the last turn I was trying to remove a trading house with the truant officer because I thought he might get the bribe on the next turn. However, he had a trap! So that did not work to my horror!

I was able to grab the boat on that same turn and with coin from a few robberies got the church (which really surprised myself - I did not think I would have the coin to do it). I jumped from 3 points to the win.

@tgb123 Good Game!

Good game, geewhiz. I had a feeling you were going o pull it out on that turn. As soon as I ended the turn previous, I regretted not kicking you out of the church you had taken from me. I wasn’t going for the final bribe, but instead would have hired an assassin and taken out the last contract for the win if you hadn’t turned it around.

Group 2: otthegreat (6) > @Zebracadabra (5)

This was a really close game, as the score shows. Zebra got an early lead and throughout focused a lot more on the party victory points than I did. He had 5/6 vps for the last two or three turns, so I scrambled to get a church and 2 assassinations. I got lucky here in that right after I took the church, a bunch of neutral thugs spawned cutting it off from both of us. I also had plenty of money from my upgraded gang and a couple estates so was basically able to buy anything I needed over the last turn or two. Good game!

Yup, gg.

The neutral thugs were devastating, boxing me in and reducing my options to zero. At that point, all I could do was hope you were not on the verge.

The good point is where they spawn is about the only luck element in the game.

I probably was too complacent after running out to a 4-1 lead, lulling myself to AntiHero sleep. I do that a lot!

Hey all, I’m Tim (creator of Antihero).

I’ve been lurking this thread since discovering it a few weeks ago - the Qt3 forums seem to have the highest concentration of Antihero players who are actively discussing the game, so it’s been a good place to spy.

One of the tricky bits of an async game that’s still under development is, as you guys have seen, that game rules occasionally change which necessitates wiping existing games. (Because Antihero is a tiny team - I’m the only designer & programmer - maintaining two rulesets in the client application just isn’t an option; it’d be too much work.)

There will probably be 2-4 more balance updates before the game launches. One that I’d love to do soon contains a couple small map tweaks: on Wharf, I’d like to remove the Henchman from each incoming Ship, and also add a burglary bonus to the first player who scouts the Ship; and on Masquerade, I’d like to have mask burglaries give 1 gold in addition to the mask. Experienced players seem to be avoiding these maps’ unique victory points until late in the game, if they pursue them at all – it seems like the economy trade-off is too tilted against them. (Also I want to fix the broken Strangefellows Lodge level 2 upgrade - it’s not currently granting an extra health to newly-recruited gangs.)

I want to avoid killing as many in-progress games as possible when I push balance updates - it seems like coordinating them with you guys is probably the best way to achieve that. Is there a time in this coming week that would make sense to push these changes?

Welcome to the board,Tim.

Hi, Tim!

Welcome to QT3. : )

I have two games in my group still going that are closely contested. Not sure when they will be done. I would hope by the end of the week (really depends on how many turns a person can do a day). I have been averaging a turn per day sometimes can get two in (like on the weekend).

I am willing to forfeit my games if it helps; or as an alternative maybe the league players would agree to whoever has the highest score when the next update goes through is the winner? Though it would help to know the day in that particular case. I cannot remember who went first and there should be an even number of turns if we use a clock.

Welcome Tim, love your game! I currently have 2 season 1 league games going on, but if we have to abandon them so be it. :p

Tim, did you know that we have a Qt3 league for your game?

Edit: Uh, whoops. This IS the league thread. :) tee hee!

I don’t think that you should worry about us when you need to reset the games. I think that if you were to wait three or four days, we would finish a nice batch, but honestly, this is just a casual thing we have going here, so don’t worry about it.

Cool. (And thanks for the welcomes!)

So maybe Wednesday or Thursday, then? I was (mildly!) chastised by the publisher for pushing out a patch this past Friday – it’s a bad practice to patch on Fridays for several reasons – so I’d like to do it before this coming one!

Thank you for the advance warning!

So @Goatgoatgoat, do you think that there is an inherent advantage to going first?

Welcome, Tim!

As an aside to my fellow AntiHeroes, I’ve been emailing Tim and if anyone else has advice etc., I’m sure he’d welcome same.

I’m okay with any updates that wipe a game. Again, the “league” is really a learning experience anyway, given that it’s still prerelease.

I’ve mentioned this to Tim, I don’t think I’ve mentioned it to anyone else here - you can play AntiHero on iPad using Splashtop. There is some chance of a misotuch here or there but overall, it works fairly well and it’s a good representation of what you’ll get when the game finally comes to iOS.

—Can that be tomorrow, please?!—

Please reset the game progress before my catastrophe of a game against Mysterio comes to its conclusion!
(“sportsman…”what?)