Antihero

That describes me pretty well too!

So, uh, @lordkosc and I reached turn 28. The city was barren, devoid of coins, and there was nothing left to research either. Look at our lanterns! Around turn 20 I thought I was going to lose my grip on the lead but attrition (and charity!) saved the day against the tyranny of lordkosc’s 4HP thugs…

That bank saved you, and was fought over greatly as you know, many traps got me. I held and lost both churches. My urchins did their best to evict, but to no avail.

I got the achievement for 12+ evictions during this game. And made you pay for every inch once I saw I was going to lose. :p

Gimmee a break. This is what spawned at the start of my turn:

Oof. Well you’re not going towards the docks any time soon! Did you work your way towards those jewels at Fattened Tot? You’re in a very good position to be trapping those estates and that tradehouse.

@lordkosc no shit! I kept wanting to deal with your Strangefellows earlier on but just didn’t have the actions. Later it was the orphanage. gg sir, and well played!

This game is pretty cool

Any idea why the leader board says I haven’t played any matches? I think I’ve played 6 matches vs Qt3ers, winning around half. I assume they are casual mode games?

No idea, maybe @Goatgoatgoat can look into it when he has time.

Have you played any games vs others, that were not invite games?

Only automatch games are recorded on the leaderboard, to prevent abuse. But I’d consider changing this if people think it’s a bad idea? I’d like to err more on the side of “casual friendly” than “only hardcore may enter!” - but my concern is someone spinning up a twink (for lack of a better word? is there a less loaded term for “account that people use to powerlevel themselves”?) account and giving themselves a million wins for free.

I sometimes feel like Masschoas’s twink. :(

I’ve only played invite only games with Qt3. I don’t know if I’ll play vs. randos.

Hmm, I’m not sure what would be best. I can see people gaming the system. It would be cool if people could create custom groups or leagues where it tracked games won within the league, and also a winning percentage.

Upcoming balance changes that I’m interested in getting some feedback on from them wot play:

• Enemy traps no longer visible when fizzling out. This was intended to give players a small sense of satisfaction at having avoided their opponent’s trap, but lots of people think it’s a bug, and I’m not sure it makes the game any better anyway. You shouldn’t be “punished” (in the form of revealed information) for setting a trap that nobody triggers.

• Characters can pathfind thru their own guild house. This should make it much more difficult for an opponent to block you in with thugs. (Wharf may need some updating, since that guild doesn’t have a backdoor?)

• Guardtowers that get reset have their traps removed. Duh, this one was a bug.

Ahh, OK. That makes sense. Being an aged gamer, the thought that someone would do that is both unsurprising and yet still infuriating.

I was slow taking some turns. I should be back to normal for now. Still happy to accept challenges if more people want more games. I have a mix of dominating or being dominated so far. I imagine that will all even out over time.

Still really enjoying it and happy to see good reviews and articles across several sites.

@belouski , gg sir! on your last turn, you were 1 coin short of winning? no?

Yes, we can file this under “(some) people are just the worst.” The amount of time, money, and effort that goes into securing online games against griefers, hackers, trolls, and the like is… annoying, to put it mildly.

On the upside, the Antihero server has a rather humorous “naughty nicknames” filter list that prevents people from creating usernames like “dildo”, “blumpkin”, and “queef” (among many many other less funny, genuinely horrific/hateful words). So there’s that!

Ha, I picked up two lanterns instead of gold coins, or I would have gotten it. It is comforting to see things in their proper place again.

I’m going to be gone next week, so look forward to losing to you when I return.

Sorry to everyone else as I stale out of our games.

It was nice to be thoroughly and utterly destroyed by you @lordkosc . :)

I’m going to start challenging some of you today, if you do not want another game feel free to decline and you won’t hurt my feelings. :)

@Tyjenks Was a very interesting match, as I only got kill VPs.

I was pretty much trapped on my side of the map for 5 turns as 4 assassination targets in a row spawned and got killed by me, so many henchmen , I was able to level up both my gangs to max, which you finally got to see at the end.

I saw you hit my trap on the 2nd trade house on turn 4 if I recall, and I and was pleased. :)

On my side it seemed more like a quick yet painful slaughter in which you struck with precision. :)