Antihero

What is @gruntled talking about? :D

I am so confused.

@Goatgoatgoat are we getting any new maps before this releases on Steam?

There’s another VS map that’s almost complete that I’d love to have people playtest before the release. I’d say: very likely! But not 100% positive.

@Otthegreat , gg sir , I got the last 3 VPs on my turn. You should have stopped the boat!

Many evictions of those 2 trading houses you had. ;)

gg! Yeah, I was focused too much on controlling the map I think and didn’t notice you were in a position to snag all three vps that turn.

Did you know I had the bank? You didn’t try to come after it once, I was surprised as usually its a highly contested building.

No no, you’re mistaking my army of truancy officers as a staple of your opponent :D

“Hellooo, children.”

I did, but I kept forgetting to scout the actual building, so when I had a chance to evict from somewhere I couldn’t go after the bank.

Very close game with @gruntled! He swiped an assassination target I couldn’t kill fast enough with my gang and then I was able to snag a portrait that allowed me to hire an assassin to grab my penultimate VP. I’d infiltrated a church with two urchins many turns ago just in case I was strapped for coin and managed to plug it with the final urchin to get the last VP. Any slower and Gruntled would have won though. Great game sir!

@Goatgoatgoat: here is what looks to be an exploit (unless you intend this to be a tactic)

Geggis placed a thug next to my gang, then attacked my gang through his thug. His gang then retreated to behind, so I could not return the attack on his gang.

I’m glad you flagged that @gruntled, was meaning to report it myself. I’d spotted this in a previous game and wanted to see if I could recreate it. Very powerful tactic if intentional.

I thought this was on purpose (not only would you expose your gang, but that would negate the purpose of the placed thug otherwise, while this mechanic seems to emphasize his main mission, which is to protect your precious gang). This works with attacking dual clans as well, but not with urchins.

Edit: some precision. In the case of dual gangs, there is what may be an exploit.
If you put your having-yet-to-move-gang in front of the target, then use the other to attack, the attacking gang retrats behind the the other. Then, if you put a thug in place of the gang that has yet to attack, and attack with this one, both of your gangs end up protected behind the thug. By mix and matching and being in a street, you can effectively protect the first attacking gang on both end this way, too. I guess the problem is that your gang should always push away a piece that can yet be moved (in this case, another gang), to limit this situation’s exploit.

Edit 2: screenshots!

First, I place the gang that will attack last in position

Then, I attack with the second gang, which ends up behind the first one that has yet to attack.

I move away my primary gang, and place the thug in its place (careful to not try to place the thug on it, as it will just heal the gang up, like I did before this snap incidently ;)

Then I attack with my main gang, dispatching the enemy, and teleporting away. In this case, I had placed another thug on the way already, which allowed my gang to teleport back even further. Ah, the possibilities!

I’m getting annoyed with the inconsistency of gang eviction. Are you supposed to get coin from evicting? If so, I just evicted two urchins and didn’t get a thing, and it might cost me my gang. I know that evicting an urchin is supposed to give you a level-up but there’s been times where I haven’t had that either. When you’re exposing your gang you need to know that you’re going to get a bit of something back in return (or not!), besides the immediate effect of your attack.

Oh and nice pics @Left_Empty!

With Gang eviction, you never get a coin (that’s only for killing dudes), and you will always level up (unless you’re already at max level).

This is intended. I’m not sure if it’s problematic or not? It could be, but I’m not sure what a good alternative is.

Yes, I agree with this. There’s some inconsistency, currently, that I’m planning on addressing.

Noted! Will keep an eye on the eviction leveling up too.

Thanks.

My immediate reaction was “what a cheap-ass trick that was!”. Never one to claim the high moral ground, I naturally retaliated by doing the exact same thing to him a couple of turns later :)

However - hiding behind the skirt of a single thug doesn’t sound like a very Victorian gang macho thing to do.

@gruntled I’ll never resign, NEVER, but seriously, did your mum ever tell you to not play with your food?

You know that kids always eat their toys and play with their food, right? Not a lot that Moms can do about that.