Antihero

Very good so far, its on track to be my game of the year!
Single player story has not been added yet. It is all MP or vs AI.
No idea about cross platform.
15 turns seems to be the average.

Do you think the AI is only useful for mp training or fun/challenging on its own?

Right now its a training tool, @Goatgoatgoat has said there will be more difficulty settings for the AI in game.

Yes, every platform we support can play against every other platform. Currently, and at launch, Antihero runs on Mac and Windows. A couple months after launch, it’ll be on iOS and Android as well. (Also, your multiplayer games travel with your account, so you can e.g. start a match on your home PC and continue it on your phone.)

@Mark_L @Tim_N , did you guys pick it up? I’ll send invites if so. :)

Game unlocks in 8 days, and the 20% sale ends April 3rd.

@Goatgoatgoat when will us Itch buyers get steam keys?

And that 50hr mark, so good!

Thanks for the replies @lordkosc and @Goatgoatgoat.

I have not picked it up but planning to closer to release. I’ll post on the thread when I do to be ready for some mp action.

If you get the First Access - Last Chance version off of ITCH , you will get a steam key, and I believe its for the deluxe edition. @Goatgoatgoat could confirm that for sure.

https://versusevil.itch.io/antihero

Also the updates to the game’s website are top notch, its looking good Tim.

http://antihero-game.com/

I definitely will, are we steam friends?

@Mark_L I don’t know, I’ll check Steam when I get home later.

Just a heads up that the 1.0 release date has slipped to July.

I’m still plugging away at the campaign, and we’ve decided that we really need leaderboards before the game launches. That puts us into more of a May/June release window, but then we’re competing with all the noise around E3. So we’ve pushed it back to July to avoid competing with a bunch of AAA noise.

Apologies for the release date fake out! I really want the game to be in as good a shape as possible when it launches, and while the E3-avoidance is additionally unfortunate, I think it’s the only way to give the game it’s best shot at getting press/streamer traction in the crucial few days after its launch.

Unrelated: the next multiplayer map will launch pretty soon!

I think that stuff like leaderboards is crucial for success in asynch games. Great job!

I feel really strongly about taking care of Early Access players; you guys have made a big difference to the game. Keys will go out to all itch purchasers very shortly after the game launches on Steam.

(It’s possible it could happen shortly before it officially launches, as well? It’s somewhat dependent on the vagaries of Valve and key batch requests, which I don’t have experience with.)

Yes I did, cuz I am a bastid. :p

I am gonna feel bad for new players at release, some of us are super MVPs at this point.

No worries - it means it not a bug, is all I was worried about.

@Goatgoatgoat: The rather pixellated red urchin is stunned. The equally pixellated thug was not allowed to join the gang, although a Truant Officer was able to pass through the urchin. Selecting the thug then clicking on the gang simply resulted in selecting the gang - no ‘Blocked’ message. The thug was able to guard the square next to the urchin, so his path was, indeed, not blocked.

My mighty urchin held his ground! :p

You’re better than the QA outsourcers! I’ll fix this and add it to the next patch as well. Thanks!

@Goatgoatgoat

In my next game vs Ron, he had 1 urchin in the boat from the previous round, so I stuck a bomb on it, the next round he triggered the bomb with his 2nd urchin, that one then stands there stunned. He sends a 3rd urchin in to secure the boat. I then use a saboteur to try and trap the boat, but Ron already trapped it, and my saboteur gets stunned, and lands 1 tile under his stunned urchin. Then I send in a Truant Officer to evict the boat, he gets past my stunned saboteur, and Ron’s stunned urchin, as soon as he entered the boat , I got the game error screen.

So I got to replay the turn, tried 3 times same set of moves, same game error screen.

Thanks for the detailed report. Assuming I can repro, I’ll also get this fix in the next patch, which looks like it might come sooner rather than later…

Mmmm new map sooooooon…

From the looks of it , players must secure 2 crowns to win , in addition to other VPs.