Antihero

Ugh, it seems a guard who triggers a trap at a tower, on the next turn is stuck in guard mode where he landed stunned from the previous turn.

Also the penalty of having to get 3 towers if you don’t secure then palace loot first, is brutal. The other player can just keep setting traps blocking you from securing towers indefinitely.

Good catch, I’ll get a fix for that in the next patch.

Yeah, we’ll need some more playtesting to see if the jump from 2 → 3 required towers is too much. (Maybe it should be 2 → 2 → 3?)

Re: traps: you can always “scout” a building with your Saboteur and have him take the hit…

@goatgoatgoat What is the point of getting the towers a 2nd time?

The palace gives out both the cup and the crown the first time you rob it. :p

Once you’ve got your required palace burglary, any additional palace burglaries count towards your remaining “wildcard” victory points. So each additional burglary gives you two more VPs.

Oh, I was not aware of this!

@Goatgoatgoat , wish there was a way to make people play the objective, I’ve played a few games against this person, and they always want to take over the map first. I mean freaking 18 turns and not 1 VP… I made sure to use urchins or maximum harassment. :D

@Goatgoatgoat another good game! You are getting better! ;)

I had the trifecta of win on my side, double trade house, and the bank. Hard to counter that. I bought all the bribes!

It’s interesting, you have a much faster play style than my normal playtest opponents, who tend to be turtles. I’m not used to someone picking up VPs so quickly!

You’re a bastard kosc.

@geggis , hehe yes I am. ;)

It’s meant with love, this is truly my game of the year. <3

@Goatgoatgoat Yeah, once I got the 2nd kill, I figured you’d take out my gang, and at that moment why bother with thugs to reinforce? I waste lanterns and money to build up a gang that I know is gonna get killed. People get in that mindset where they just have to kill the enemy gang, I know I was doing it also when I first started playing.

So by saving the coin and lanterns , I was able to get the 2 other bribes and the party loot. :)
Only reason I researched saboteur this game was I had almost no masks around me, so I used him as a gopher.
Worst case if you had bought a bribe with lanterns, I’d of shot down the skill tree to get an assassin for 1 final kill.

I really didn’t care what you had on your side of the map, as I had 3 of the best buildings in game on my side. I don’t even bother scouting if that is the case.

One of the balance tweaks that’s on my task list is to distribute the randomized businesses a bit less randomly. In particular, on maps with multiple churches and/or estates, having all of them placed near one player’s guild can be kinda crappy. (With churches especially.)

Also, post-launch, there are some new business types I’m hoping to introduce that will add some additional twists – and also just generally shake up the building distribution on the maps. Currently, each map has a fixed set of businesses that will appear on it – but with additional building types, you could have a map that e.g. may have two churches or may just have one.

I love the sound of all that. Business distribution has been one of my chief gripes since I started playing it. That said, it’s not deterred me one iota! :)

Basically I want to have this sort of thing happen more often:

Dude didn’t scout everything!

@geggis , gg , what were you talking about trapping towers at the end of the last turn?

I’d got it in my head that you were going to try taking the towers from me but by that point you were just focusing on the churches/evictions and assassinations for the final VPs because you’d already secured the palace jewels. For a first punt though, I don’t think I did too bad. Now, about this next game…

Getting two towers on your side at the start is rough for the other player!

Very rough match for me, I couldn’t get across the map fast enough, to get the 3 watchtowers needed. I just didn’t have enough lantern income to get unlocks fast enough.

@Otthegreat , gg sir! I was sweating it hoping you didn’t trap the mansion I needed to loot for lanterns , nor the 1 church I had left, to fill with urchins.

Used every resource I had to secure the 2 VPs I needed during my turn.

Welcome to our Trading House-less world!

gg! That was a close one. Yeah, in the end I just didn’t have the money to close off all of your possible avenues to victory and was hoping I’d get at least one more turn in. I should’ve gone for the mansion sooner, or tried to deny you. I didn’t think about how much more of a pain it would be to secure three of the towers instead of two.