Antihero

Damn it, I figured the bank was nearer to your HQ. That was a pretty balanced map, if a little tough for me getting coin but that early gang fight totally screwed me. I anticipated you collecting masks hence the trap on the mansion!

Edit: judging from that screenshot, the trap didn’t trigger? Is that right?

Anyone else playing? I need moar active games.

I’m still awaiting the Steam release.

I’m pretty swamped these days. I’ll pick it back up sometime in July, if all goes as expected with work.

new patch!

This is a major release with several new multiplayer features, and brings us very close to our 1.0 release.

All in-progress games have been wiped. (This will happen a few more times before launch – as always, we really appreciate your patience and feedback.)

Changes:

LEADERBOARDS. Wins in automatch games are tracked on a leaderboard. (Invite games don’t result in leaderboard changes.) When the game is launched, we will be tracking overall wins, as well as wins-per-month. We also have a “Skill” leaderboard that ranks players based on matchmaking skill. The UI is not quite ready for release, but we’re tracking all this on the backend.

CUSTOM GAME RULES. (Invite, Skirmish, and Hotseat games only.)

SKILL-BASED AUTOMATCHING. This will slow down automatches a bit while our player pool is small, but will become very important on launch day. Your skill is tracked on the server and used to match you against opponents of similar skill.

Strangefellows Lodge: losing control of a level 2 Lodge will result in your Gangs and Thugs losing one heart (unless they’re already at one).

Fancier Victory and Defeat screens.

“Lantern Generator” upgrade is now called “Lamp Lighter”.

Lots of little UI improvements.

We’re a month away from our 1.0 launch, which will include a story-driven singleplayer campaign!

As always, we appreciate your feedback!

I have now seen the fancy victory screen! How was the defeat one @lordkosc? ;-) They look so much better now.

The sounds of the thugs retiring after a couple of turns is a neat little touch. I prefer ‘Lamp lighter’ to Lantern Generator but I can’t help but think ‘Tinderbox’ would be more flavourful (and it might fit in the box a bit better).

Edit: actually it seems like tinderboxes were fading out towards the end of the Victorian era, if you’re a stickler for history :-) It was sulphur matches all the way at that point!

You seemed to expand a lot slower in this one kosc, which surprised me when I snatched that second trading house on the end of that district near the top. I trapped it because I knew you’d be searching it soon. ‘Sudden Clap’ indeed.

Yep, horrible round for me, its hard for me to play during a work week, as you can see. The 1 or 2 turns per day I do get in are made when I am so tired that I make mistakes. :p

In fact I am losing 5 of my 6 current running games. :(

I can tell when you’re not working because you’re a massive pain in the arse! :p

This was a pretty rough map for you @lordkosc. I had double trading houses almost right off the bat, then two churches and an orphanage. I think I also managed to get a couple of lanterns on my first two burglaries resulting in early scouting and a gang. You did well to take out my churches in the last couple of turns and I just had enough coin to win with a masked ball VP.

Edit: are there screen fade transitions now? I feel like they’re new. The new skulls are nice too. Seems the assassination targets have new barks, is that so? Quite fun playing spot (or hear) the difference…

So how do I play an ‘automatch’ to get on the leaderboard? Is that casual match?

Yeah, exactly. I’ll be updating the UI to make this clearer.

I blame the new update for my string of losses, i think I am at 4 in a row this week. And 3 more games I am just doing horribly on, the losing screen is even more depressing. :p

Thanks for that @Geggis. :p

And after a very dry streak, I finally won a game after freaking 18 turns, I was sweating it… The map was bled dry of coin… I was losing map control and the enemy was at the gates!

Those games are the best, even if they’re crazy intense. I was in that exact same position on Big City against you some time ago.

The last two games:

The double trading house was short-lived but it was enough to get things off the ground while the two churches provided some cheap coin and two possible VPs later on.

This was a rough map for you, not helped by henchmen blocking certain routes early on. I’m surprised I managed to snag that second church though!

Had to win one eventually against you. @geggis

That early gang wipe was a heavy loss! I can feel when I’ve attacked a henchmen too close to the enemy HQ but by that point it’s too late.

Can we try and keep our invite games to one or two? Wanting to keep a couple of leaderboard games in rotation as well and any more than four in total is too much with Chaos Reborn on the boil as well :-P

@geggis, yeah 2 games is fine, I just won’t get more than 1-2 turns per day right now, so busy.

I figured more active games means more turns per day! :p

More turns per day means I may rush them in the morning and I don’t want to downgrade my A game! Hahah ;-)

I played Masschoas earlier. Ooof. He’s (she’s?) been playing for over 1000 hours! That’s bonkers.

How did that game go for you @geggis? :D

The few games I’ve won against this player, I’ve usually treated myself to a half a dozen wine coolers afterward in celebration. I consider him/her the best player in the game.