Antistatic Bubble wrap for electronic

We will be moving soon and I found some antistatic bubble wrap at lowes. Is it okay to use this stuff with my pc, monitors etc? I could not find any antistatic bags locally other than this pink antistatic bubble wrap.

If it’s anti static it should be fine. For monitors and whole pre-built systems it really doesn’t need to be anti static. OTOH if you’re talking about individual components, it’s a must have.

I read the title of this thread as “autistic bubble wrap”. Heh. Thought you were going to ask for bubble wrap as a potential option to help an autistic child or adult with anxiety or focal issues.

Technically we only tend to use antistatic on actual components we ship. Not on full parts (i.e. a desktop, a closed laptop, a monitor, etc.)

You would probably be okay with whatever works best to prevent damage. Antistatic is usually smaller bubbled, and sometimes mylar wrapped.

Example of when we would use it:

Example of when we would not (your mileage may vary):

Thank you so much for that concise explanation. I read about 30 articles before this one that never actually clarified what needs to be in antistatic bags. All the moving supply companies are marketing their antistatic products as must have for “full parts”. Wonder if they are knowingly ripping us off.

Half the ebay sellers I have bought from need this as an online course.

Possibly. It is nice to have bubble wrap for moving for a number of reasons like preventing damage and scuffs on things. But Anti-static wrap, not so much. Very few things in your house would need it. Static isn’t the electronics killer as much these days because things are encased in plastic or metal and aren’t subject to direct touch that much.