Any Co-Op Games on the Horizon?

But for that very reason it keeps away the “kiddies” and I know from our experience that the games are rather more mature than your average online shooter. And hence even more enjoyable :)

There’s nothing quite like being the last of your team still alive, knowing that the other 6 or so guys are watching your every move, and you’ve only got one more Tango to take down…

The wife and I just went out and bought two copies… in fact, we just got back from the store. 8)

I get back and read a review over on GameSpot and they say something about co-op being single machine only. I take it we can’t play this over LAN, huh? If true, bummer. But I’m sure we’ll still have some fun with it.

thanks for the feedback, my group is more of a flashpoint group than a Quake group. I have to talk my friends into getting Rainbow Six 3 then.

I really hope Stalker gets co-op at some point. The potential just seems too great not to follow through on that.

Heh – in our group, if we’re playing Terrorist Hunt and you’re the last one left, you’re supposed to go into “blaze of glory” mode so that everyone else doesn’t have to wait forever while you creep through the level – unless you’re reloading, you must sprint. At all times. Great fun :)

Our group does the same thing except we refer to it as Rambo mode. :)

Awdougherty-
Ive been playing Ravenshield for quite some time now ( Its going to be a year soon, I think ), and its a blast.

Co-op is great, and terrorist hunt is probably the best way to get your feet work with co-op. You need voice comms for it. the game is pretty daunting at first, but over time, you and your squad mates learn what works and what doesnt. I play with a group of guys and we usually fill a co-op game whenever we start going.

Terrorist Hunt is a blast, but don’t neglect Mission mode and Hostage mode. The group I play with has progressed through several styles of play, mostly because we really dig the way the game plays, but get tired of the same thing over and over.

We originally just played T hunt on vet. Then we kicked it to elite. After that we started playing with certain weapon loadouts ( i.e. pistols only) on elite. Then we moved to hostage rescue, then we started playing hostage rescue with a 3 minute timer. Its doable and very fun.

After Athena Sword, the expansion, came out we were all addicted to the capture the enemy mode. This game mode is best described as freeze tag with guns. This mode is unfortunately buggier than bird shit, and most people have left this mode of play.

There are some blemishes on this game, but I have rarely played a game that has held my attention for this long. I’m addicted to it the same way i was addicted to Quake MP when it first came out. This is probably because the group i play with is fun to play with and be around, as we all use teamspeak.

I have a ton of tips, and am always willing to share them. I’m also always hoping to find fun, mature gamers that would like to drop by and share a few games with my buddies and myself. No one on these forums has ever cared to, but you are more than welcome if you are interested.

Since chances are low anyone will ever take me up on this, i’ll share some tips since I’m just guessing i’m probably one of the the senior Ravenshielders here:

Save yourself some time and learn to use the best weapons now. I used a wide range or rifles when first starting, and some are better than others depending on your mission/game type. I now use the Famas G2 almost exclusively… its worth putting the time in to learn (gently tap the fire button… don’t ape the button and spray and pray). Some other weapons i tried and liked were the M16 in single shot mode( when silenced, this is a very accurate weapon) , the rifles that come with scopes already (Steyr Aug, L85a1, G36k) are also very nice. But trust me, learn to use the Famas.

By the way:
Stalker coop would make my year, gaming wise.

Our only rules involve fuel barrels and windows :)

“Whoever shot the fucking barrel, cut that shit out, this isn’t Doom.”