Any E3 surprises?

uhm, what sequel/s are you talking about? I haven’t read anything about what Sid might be doing except that tidbit some guy got a year ago (bub?). something about wanting to get the MoM and Xcom license? Other than that haven’t heard anything. So, like, WHAT IS IT ‘likely to be’?!?!?

etc

Is Blizzard North working on any of the current projects there (WoW, Frozen Throne)? If not, Blizzard might announce Diablo III as their next title. It’s been two years since the expansion for Diablo II and they’ve been conspicuously silent on that particular series.

I don’t actually expect this to happen at E3, but it’s one of the few “surprises” I can see as being plausible.

I was surprised when I saw the leaked trailer for MGS3. Now that I think about it, I’ll be surprised if it’s real, but you never know with that Hideo Kojima…

God I would love that. Of course, Blizzard doesn’t seem to care much about generating hype at things like E3, since they get auto-hype with every game. But Diablo is easily my favorite Blizzard property. I have zero interest in playing WoW, and Warcraft/Starcraft are RTS games, which I don’t often enjoy. I need a Diablo game with 5 major classes, then class trees, with 10 subclasses per major class, and 10 discipline classes per sublclass. Also, there will be multiclassing, within each major class, allowing you to choose 2 subclasses, and one major skill from one other subclass, followed by up to 3 disciplines per subclass you choose, and one major skill from one other discipline.

sorry, got a little carried away there. Anyway, I want more options!

I don’t think there’s any question that it’s real. It was announced that Konami would premiere a trailer for MGS3 at E3. He’s done interviews in Japan about progress on the game. And despite the poor quality of the copy I watched, it looks completely legit. I don’t know how it could have been faked.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Blizzard has two unannounced projects in progress. Would be nice if one was Diablo 3, and the other Starcraft 2 :).

I seem to remember reading somewhere that Blizzard has two unannounced projects in progress. Would be nice if one was Diablo 3, and the other Starcraft 2 :).

I was thinking more how nice it would be if they created something other than a sequel or spin-off of an existing franchise.

No kidding huh? We all want innovation but people are always talking about the next sequel.