Any good pc games coming out in the next 2 weeks?

It seems there’s a glut of pc games in the upcoming 2 weeks, and I was hoping to get something new for my billionth birthday (today) :cry: - I told everyone to just get me gift cards…

So I look at Gamestop, EBgames, Best Buy etc, and there is nothing good coming out in the next 2 weeks that I can see. DS2 isn’t slated til the 16th or later, and with it being way too hot out, I’m cooped up inside 24/7. I’m wondering if I’m missing some of the smaller publisher releases? Is there a good site with all projected releases listed by date?

Advent Rising, Codename Panzers: Phase Two, Dungeon Siege and Battle of Britain II in two weeks, play some more Battlefield 2, pick up an MMOG you haven’t played yet. Download the F.E.A.R. demo on Friday. Devote your life to something like Falcon 4.0: Allied Force which shipped in July.

I find it far more difficult to keep up than to be bummed out there’s nothing to play. Go back and get something you missed maybe?

–Dave

Buy a console :D

Lorini

I said GOOD games :P Advent Rising? blech. DS2 and BOB2 won’t be out for at least 2 weeks. Otherwise DS2 is at the top of my list.

BF2? Dear God do I suck! That’s on hold for now :P I am really looking forward to BOB2, but it keeps getting delayed.

Hehe, I’m waiting til XBOX 360. I’ve held out this long…

How come the pc game releases seem few and far between now? I mean not just summer but… it seems pc games are domed.

etc

Busy playing Makai Kingdom and DDS.

It’s just your imagination.

Yeah, Midnight Son, you’re not really playing those games.

This always happens around this time. Nothing, then a bajillion things released from Sept thru Dec. Too many things released at once, so they don’t get proper attention. It’d be so much better if games were spread out better.

:/

What about giving Diablo 2 another go – I hear they added some new content with the patch that was just released. I’m tempted to get back into it myself, it’s just that my plate is already so full.

While they may be d0med, everyone says this every year. I get complaints up the wazoo about the lack of reviews in the issues we produce in this period.

But no one releases games between June and August, and it’s been this way as long as I can remember. (There are a few exceptions, like San Andreas in June, Diablo II in a July if I recall).

A lot of people say, “Why don’t they spread the games out?” Well, I’m fairly certain they know the sales trends. Presumably fewer people are playing games during the summer, so fewer are buying them. And if you get it out now and it doesn’t sell, the store will drop it just in time for the holiday rush.

Space Rangers 2.

Proper attention from whom? You’re perfectly free to buy and play games whenever you want. If there are really “too many games” released Sept. to Dec., I assume you’d be playing through your backlog into the summer.

Proper attention from whom? You’re perfectly free to buy and play games whenever you want. If there are really “too many games” released Sept. to Dec., I assume you’d be playing through your backlog into the summer.[/quote]

I mean there’s so many games crammed onto the shelf all at once, people have to be way more selective with new releases. Where-as if someone wants a new reelase in July/August… well there’s slim pickins. Just my opinion, that’s all.

What does “new release” have to do with it? If there is a good game available that you haven’t played, you’re not going to buy it because it isn’t a current topic of discussion? What does it matter if a game you want to play is a “current release” or not? In fact, with a six-month-old game, you’re likely to have the benefit of patches.

What does “new release” have to do with it? If there is a good game available that you haven’t played, you’re not going to buy it because it isn’t a current topic of discussion? What does it matter if a game you want to play is a “current release” or not? In fact, with a six-month-old game, you’re likely to have the benefit of patches.[/quote]

Yes. Hey, I’m not trying to argue with you! Just sometimes it’s fun to get something brand-spanking newly released… even if I do regret it becasue it needs a patch.

What does “new release” have to do with it? If there is a good game available that you haven’t played, you’re not going to buy it because it isn’t a current topic of discussion? What does it matter if a game you want to play is a “current release” or not? In fact, with a six-month-old game, you’re likely to have the benefit of patches.[/quote]

Yes. Hey, I’m not trying to argue with you! Just sometimes it’s fun to get something brand-spanking newly released… even if I do regret it becasue it needs a patch.[/quote]
Yeah, it’s human nature to want to experience something new that few if any others have experienced.

Or, you could just be like me and only post about games after they’ve been out for a year.

Incidentally, what did you all think of Nexus: The Jupiter Incident?