Any good pc games coming out in the next 2 weeks?

You mean besides the thousands of other people bought whatever computer game you think you discovered all by yourself on the same day you did?

“If any.” Maybe nobody else bought Halo 2!

If that’s what you’re looking for, get Spikeout Battlestreet for Xbox. You, BDGE and I will be among the three people that have actually played the game!

HERE COMES THE BOSS!

–Dave

I feel your spoiled bourgeois American(?) pain :)

I recommend cruising Gogamer for overlooked games and Euro releases (Space Rangers 2, Chaos League, etc.), then pretending the games are brand new when they arrive at your doorstep two days after you place your order.

You mean besides the thousands of other people bought whatever computer game you think you discovered all by yourself on the same day you did?

“If any.” Maybe nobody else bought Halo 2![/quote]

What’s Halo 2?

… and when I’m done with Makai Kingdom and DDS, I wouldn’t mind some Civ IV or Galciv 2. PC games bought so far this year: 0.

Dude:

Battlefield 2
GTA: San Andreas
Brothers in Arms (yech)
Act of War
Star Wars: Republic Commando

Though I spent most of this year catching up with last year’s backlog.

What’s wrong with Advent Rising? Sure the Orson Scott Card thing is mostly marketing crap, but the reviews all seemed to indicate it was a good game, if not for horrible framerate problems, which you can (in theory) fix on a PC by having better equipment and/or dropping resolution/detail.

Heh, I love everytime this subject is brought up.

Me, I almost get stressed whenever I start GTA: SA and realize how much I “have” to do, before I’ve seen it all (then I end up stealing a tractor and running over random people instead).
I play tonnes of BF2.
I log onto WoW because it feels silly to pay for something you don’t play (the release of BF2 and GTA cost med 400+ mithril bars, that were lost in my mail when I forgot to play for 28 days…). Then I get stressed over all my guildies overtaking me in levels… with their second or third alt.
KOTOR2 is still shrinkwarapped waiting for me to finish the first.
I’m less than halfways in Vampire.
I own a PSP (and like the games on it).

I never feel like there’s to few games out there.

What does “new release” have to do with it? If there is a good game available that you haven’t played, you’re not going to buy it because it isn’t a current topic of discussion? What does it matter if a game you want to play is a “current release” or not? In fact, with a six-month-old game, you’re likely to have the benefit of patches.[/quote]

But but, the 6 month old game is only $20!!! I wanted to pay $50!!

Anyways, this can be an issue with multiplayer games if they arent decent hits. Noone played i82 after a few months, for example. (ok, bad example, noone ever should have played i82)

No.

Huh? The reviews I read said it was a crappy game.

IGN liked it except for framerate issues.
Gamespot liked it except for storyline, non-innovative gameplay, and technical issues. Really liked the sound.
Gamepro just plain liked it.
Gamespy liked it except for sound and technical issues, loved the gameplay.

The only thing they all agree on is technical problems, especially frame rate. It’s possible these are fixed for the PC, if so it seems like a pretty damn good game.

A ringing endorsement, indeed.

That sounds like a damning endorsement. Not a good one. And Gamespot did not like it.