Any must see/do/eat's in Atlanta/Marietta

I’m going to be in the Kennesaw/Marietta region on Monday with some other non-locals. Other than the Marietta Diner, what would be worth doing?

And any recommendations on good bars in the area with great selection of European beers?

I’m not sure where the closest one is for you, but Taco Mac: http://www.taco-mac.com/ generally keeps 300 or so different types of beer in both bottle and draft form. Great place to go to try something different or rely on a safe fall back (I bame them for my love of Delirium Tremens). Also, their wings are surprisingly decent for a ‘chain’ restaurant.

I see one each in Marietta and Kennesaw. You could Googlemap them from where you are staying and see which one works.

Whoa! That’s a nice beer menu! Thanks!

That is a nice beer menu. Many of my favorites are on there. Who knew there was something that nice in Atlanta?

The last time I visited Atlanta, I went to 5 Seasons Brewing and was very pleased with all the beers I tried. Food wasn’t bad either.

Our favorite gastropub in the city by far. The only reason I did not recommend is that their two locations are in Sandy Springs and Alpharetta (the one I frequent). Neither is particularly easy for an out of towner to get to, although it would be worth a visit if feeling adventurous.

What’s with the stock photos on the website, though? Show me what the beer really looks like, guys! It sounds delectable.

For some local flare, there’s The Porter Beer Bar.

However, the most exciting thing to do in Atlanta, of course, is to come play Rock Band at my place.

See Adree, eat Adree, and do Adree AW YEAH

We have very strong feelings about beer in Atlanta.

Definitely one of the creepier posts of 2008.

Arise!

I’m going to be spending a few days in Atlanta to graduate, and figured it was worth checking if any of you guys have particular recommendations for the best places to go while there. The only definite so far is the various MLK historical sites. The whole family is coming, so no bars and such. Thanks!