Any of you watch “Colony”? (Netflix)

Couldn’t find a thread on this. Was hoping someone here has seen the series as I want to know if you get to see the aliens and what they’re up to sometime soon. At the end of Season 1 right now. If not I’m going to bail as I don’t want to watch 2 more seasons of fluff.

There’s definitely a thread about this. The show aired on a broadcast network first many years ago and a bunch of us watched at least some of it.

Boom, here it is. Weird that it was way down the list of result even when searching for “colony” only in this topic.

Good show that got canceled after 3 seasons with no resolution.

I liked it, too.

We recently watched most of the first season of this because we like the actor from Lost. It was good. But, knowing it was cancelled I had to see if it was resolved, and it was left hanging, so we bailed on it.

So tired of Hollywood execs doing this crap. Makes me not ever want to get into an episodic.

Do they ever show what the aliens really look like, or go into more depth. All I’ve seen is an alien suit.

i thought it started slow, but was building towards some better stuff. Season 3, iirc, was pretty good. For me, i felt there was some object lesson here that needs to be learned: you cant take 2 seasons to develop your plot.

And maybe thats not entirely right, because there’s lots of successful series that have taken time to develop their characters and their plots (thinking of something like sopranos here)…but…this one in particular…there was just some better stuff to mine here than the “I cant find my kid” angst. I think they set up a spectacular world and instead of diving into some real and interesting shit, they just…floated. For way too long.

I dunno. It’s been a while. I also feel i didn’t really like the actors for this.

I don’t recall seeing them.

The captured “alien” was never shown on screen outside of the suit. From what I remember much of the alien tech seems to be automated or remote controlled, so speculation was that even the captured suit alien was some kind of robot or cyborg with a lot of implanted tech. The show was cancelled before any actual aliens were exposed, and most of the humans in charge had never actually seen an alien in person, which fit the theme of the show being that humanity had gone pretty much full fascist in the face of the alien occupation and were policing themselves.

It was a good show that deserved an ending. It aired just before the era where Netflix, Amazon, etc. started stepping in to pick up popular cancelled network series, otherwise I bet someone would have picked it up and given it another season or two.

You definitely see alien tech and see a captured alien. You also get to see another species in the finale.

The show was fantastic and I’m still mad it was canceled.