Any Triple A Turn Based RPG's Coming Out?

When will Dragon Age come out? Will it be turn-based or pausable real-time or what? I’m guessing it’s a late 2008 game at the earliest, in either case.

You haven’t heard?

Dragon Age is a linear story driven first person/third person action adventure title chalk full of mini-games, scripted events, and puzzles. It’s epic, robust, and gritty. Kill the foozle, save the world, get the loot. All that legendary fun stuff.

/kid

There was a pretty good Dragon Age preview last year in GfW. Here’s a bit on the pausable real-time combat:

Received an email today from Basilisk Games:

The official release date for Eschalon: Book I is November 19, 2007. Both the demo and the full game will be made available on that day!

I saw they re-worked the site to make way for the demo and purchase of the game. I was hoping for a bit sooner, but 11/19 is good.

Can’t you just put NWN and NWN2 into turn mode? I know there was an option in NWN to pause the game after each round. Doesn’t NWN2 have one?

Probably. It’s really, really not the same thing, though.

After further perusal of Eschalon: Book 1, I must admit that it is really piquing my interest. I’m getting a little giddy at the prospect of playing a good, old school style rpg again. The teaser trailer actually looks quite slick!

crosses fingers