Anyone ever tried Applebees carside to go?

So I got this Applebees gift card for my birthday and rather then go in and sit by myself at dinner tonight after work, I’m thinking about trying this “carside to go” thing they have. But the website is somewhat vague - all it says is that you call the location to do it. I’m just wondering how you pay, how far in advance you can set it up, etc.

Anyone ever do this?

30 seconds of google reveals that it’s similar to the service some Outbacks offer where you pull your car into a designated spot and someone just brings the food out to you. As far as payment/advance notice goes, it’s no different than simply calling in an order for pickup.

I did it at an Outback once and I imagine it’s similar. It this case it was park, someone will come out to talk, pay cash or credit (they’ll run it inside) and then bring your stuff out. Don’t forget to tip.

You call your order in, tell them what type of car you drive, drive there, and park in one of the three spots labeled “Carside to Go.” Staffmember comes out, you hand him/her cash/credit card, they process your payment and have you sign a receipt if needed, then hand you your food in a bag. Call right before you head out.

Quarter To Three is on the scene with help you can use!

People eat at Applebees? That’s like admitting that you like S’barros.

You’ll hurt Jose Liz’s feelings, that’s his favorite “restaurant”!

That’s like eating pizza with a fork.

Hey, it was a gift. And I’m not going to be eating at Applebees, am I? ;-)

Such a hilarious bit.

We have a perfectly serviceable giftcard exchange thread, you know.

I don’t associate Kerzain and Jose Liz with “serviceable.” ;-)

Applebees has to be the saddest place in the neighborhood. Ruby Tuesdays, TGI Friday’s and Chili’s are all this dreary repackaging of fratboyesque cuisine and culture, but Applebees, Applebees is the place barflies go to die. Like a bluehair’d granny with a styled blonde wig and azure eyeshadow, you walk past there and you feel like you ought to be smelling “senior perfume” and formaldehyde.

So sad. Sooo sad.

I could swear there was a more recent one than that, but I’ll be damned if I can find it right now.

It was only on the second page of this forum, and had one reply. Which happened to be kerzain. Giving the same answer he got in the '09 thread.

Just go in and sit by the bar…and eat there while watching the game tonight. Or just take a friend (do you have any?) and just drink the gift card away.

OK, good job guys, we found something more depressing than Applebee’s.

By the time I get off work the game will be over and I have stuff to do at home anyway. I just want to burn the giftcard and cover dinner at the same time.

I approve of Applebee’s because they buck the status quo by serving Pepsi products instead of Coke products.

Fuck the man, Applebee’s! Power to the Pepsi people!

True fact*: Pepsi outsells Coke in grocery and convenience stores, but Coke still overall outsells Pepsi because of the many deals they have with the vast majority of fast food places, sitdown restaurants, theme parks, malls, airports and sporting venues.

*Thing I heard once and have since decided was true.

I thought it was the opposite. I can always get Coke on a great deal at the store, but it’s a crap shoot whether any restaurant etc. I go to will be serving Pepsi, or Coke as God intended.