Anyone ever tried Applebees carside to go?

What chains do you go to*? There are a few exceptions, such as Applebee’s and Dunkin’ Donuts, but for the most part the only national chains that carry Pepsi products are the three chains owned by Yum Brands whose standalone stores are still required to sell Pepsi fountain drinks as a part of PepsiCo’s selling of them. So that’s Taco Bell, KFC and Pizza Hut. Let’s name some major chains that only carry Coke products.

McDonalds. Burger King. Domino’s. Papa John’s. Carl’s Jr. Wendy’s. Sonic. Subway. Chili’s. TGI Friday’s. IHOP. Buffalo Wild Wings. Qdoba. Chipotle. Cheesecake Factory. California Pizza Kitchen. Carabba’s Italian Grill. Quizno’s. Little Caesars. Moe’s Southwest Grill. Godfather’s Pizza. Olive Garden. Del Taco. Jack in the Box. Steak n Shake. Ruby Tuesdays.

Other places where you can only get Coke. The entirety of the Walt Disney World property. Universal Studios. SeaWorld. Fenway Park. Yankee Stadium.

Coke is much, much more embedded in public venues. Hell, I’ve been in airports where they’ve got a Dunkin’s but the Dunkin’s doesn’t have Pepsi. Which suuucks.

*This is a trick question. I know that you only go to family-owned and operated sustainable humanely-harvested vegetarian whole wheat coffee bistros. Chains are for assholes!

Back in my college days in the small town of Moscow, Idaho, the Applebees we had was one of a small number of sit-down restaurants in town.

My friends and I would go down there during happy hour when they had half-priced appetizers and would make a meal out of cheese sticks, wings, and nachos. Mind you, we would not have paid full price, and we never ordered entrees. I do have an appreciation for their willingness to sell us cheap, shitty food for cheap prices though. I don’t know what to say about anyone paying them menu price for that crap.

Outback really isn’t that bad. Categorizing it with Olive Garden or Applebee’s is just ridiculous. I’ve always thought the did a good job on their bread, their coconut shrimp appetizer is consistently done well, they do make a decent French onion soup, and their steaks and prime rib are decent for the price and generally cooked to order.

It was one of those work group gift things. And there is an Applebees nearby. Not what I would have chosen, but whatever.

At any rate I did the carside and it was straightforward. The food wasn’t hot, but that was my fault as I was 15 minutes later to pick it up then I told them. And I stayed away from anything like ribs or steak, settling for a burger.

Anyone shitting on Outback has obviously not had a Bloomin’ Burger, which is the holy matrimony of the two things it’s name implies; a blooming onion and a burger.

Obviously not a full onion, but holy shit is it delicious. Everything else is hit or miss.

I think the massive shitting happens after someone visits outback steakhouse.

Jon Rowe, ladies and gentlemen.

Badum Tish

I… Like Disneyland.

But you know what? Part of the magic of Disney is their readily available ice cold Coca-Cola products, served by friendly smiling Coke vendors in shining Coke carts.

*and Starbucks

Well, Coca-Cola also helped bring Norman Rockwell to the unwashed masses. All Pepsi managed to do was set Michael Jackson on fire.

My grandfather fought in the Cola Wars.

So did I, come to think of it.

I only hope that one day we can live in a world where our children are free from the fear of future beverage-based bellicosity.

Coke. Pepsi. Bah!

There is a third corporate alternative out there people! Are my sacrifices for the Dr Pepper Snapple Group all in vain? Does no one else worship at the alter of Canada Dry?

Canada Dry spends its whole life wishing it were Vernors.

But Vernors is part of the Dr. Pepper Snapple Group!

Also, Reeds Extra Ginger Brew for the win.

Pah! I love Walt Disney World. Love it! And the only good part about the Coke presence at WDW is Club Cool where I can drink delicious Mezzo Mix and I can watch foolish mortals have their first slurps of Beverly.

I love altered Canada Dry. Gin Buck. Gilligan’s Revenge. A Fresno Shitcracker. Whispering Dick Whistler. A proper Shirley Temple. Woo wee!

Hey now! Credit where credit is due.

Pepsi also convinced me that among Michael J Fox’s many powers, including a mastery of time and space and lycanthropy, he could photocopy a soda can and then tear the top off of the copy and drink it and girls would think that shit was fine.

Pepsi is too sweet for me. Dr. Pepper and Mexican Coke here.

The coke or pepsi debate summed up…

“What do you want to drink?”
“Coke”
“Is Pepsi OK?”
“Sure, whatever”

I was warned of the foulness of Beverly at the World of Coco Cola, but thought it couldn’t be that bad. It was, then I made my friend try it to see the look of absolute disgust on his face. Such a foul drink.

Have you tried Moxie?