Anyone ever work so hard that you can only get air in top quarter of your lungs?

I am so happy to hear you were able to stop smoking. :)

This made me think of what of happens out here in the heat. Sunstroke. People work or play out in the heat without understanding what it is doing to their bodies. Evey year there are people (and animals) who die from sunstroke.

You gotta take care of yourself and not over do it. I hope you are doing better today. And remember…pace yourself.

Thanks man! It was a really difficult struggle for me. To celebrate I’ve decided to take up skateboarding in an effort to find a healthier way to injure myself. ;)

I’m amazed at the improvement to both my lung capacity as well as my general well being.

Uhh, wow. Didn’t realize how scarily accurate I was with the whole “this reminds me of when I almost died from pneumonia” thing D:

Glad you’re getting taken care of, Jeff!

Alarms and sirens going off all over hospital. Scary. Might be bomb. I am 6 floors right above this.

I didnt know you were in GR. I grew up over that way and am very familiar with Butterworth. Sucks to be in the hospital no matter what but during a bomb scare? They are allowing patients to enter the hospital so it sounds like everything is under control. I guess at least your stay has been eventful.

Hospital is on lockdown. No one can come or go without security approval all new patients being diverted to other hospitals

Bomb sniffing dog going through halls. This sucks :(

Suspicious bag may contain anything from flowers for police or a detonator device for a car linked to the shooter.

The guy left a message on his body saying something to thr effect of “I left behind a parting gift for police”. The bomb squad is packing up, but the local community college just told all its students to go home. What a stressful day.

Being in a hospital is stressful enough. I can’t imagine being there with a bomb threat.

Holy crap, JP. Sorry you have to go through all of this shit. Sending positive waves.

It sounds like everything is winding down. I can’t get out of bed, so going off from what staff ins saying that bomb squad, dogs, and robots are all packed up.

I never appreciated just how at risk hospitals were to external threats. I hope my wife slept through this. Poor girl has been through so much already. Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

Jeez Jeff, you pick em! Well you certainly dodged a bullet with the pneumonia, that used to kill lots of people all the time (and is on the comeback!). Next time you feel that bad, just go to the doc hey? I hate to do that kind of thing too (and it is completely free for me! thanks NHS), and in truth i did wait an extra day before getting checked out for pneumonia, but as i am a very healthy specimen i thought i could handle it. I was wrong, and i needed the doctor and antibiotics.

Nasty stuff pneumonia.

Glad you are better, not bombed and soon to be home :)

God this pneumonia is kicking my ass. 6 liters of high pressure O2, cocktail of 5 antibiotics and I’m still struggling to not lose ground.

I wanna go home.

I recently stopped smoking for like the third time.
Two weeks after that my condition testing that had recently moved from 23 to 27, now moved to 38.(36 being considered normal for my build) I can ride my bicycle all around town and not get exhausted.

Happy to hear you also stopped smoking pants.

Fingers crossed for you Jeff. I had thought you were over it, probably best you stay in hospital until the infection has stabilized.

I was taken off bed alarm today, and for the first time in a week I was able to pee unassisted. Yea!!

Cool! :)

Any idea whom/where you got pneumonia from?

Glad to hear you are bouncing back, Jeff.

Now, you have to give us an update on the cat too!

Oh, and of course on the frop bog as well.

My wife was in the hospital last week and was on bed rest complete with alarm, so I know how happy this must have made you. Grats!