Anyone get to see Planetside at the E3 show?

[quote=“Guido_Jones”]

FWIW - I still think wumpus is right. And no, I don’t think there’s 500 designers out there saying that, I think they’re still caught up on EQ and UO because those are still the big money makers.[/quote]

Except that almost every specific concern he raised is wrong. Lag is a non issue with the client side hit detection. There is no jetpacking or bunny hopping. It takes all of a split second to equip your character with favorites. Many battles take place within seconds of a respawn point. The heavier battles where you die a lot usually take place in/around the big bases, where it takes a whole 2 or 7 seconds to respawn.

Granted, he may not like the game, you may not like the game. But I don’t think any of his points are valid. Nothing against Wumpus of course. Most of those points were raised before release. ;)

[quote=“Guido_Jones”]

FWIW - I still think wumpus is right. And no, I don’t think there’s 500 designers out there saying that, I think they’re still caught up on EQ and UO because those are still the big money makers.[/quote]

If you were a designer, not a marketer, which model would you choose? Which would be more interesting and exciting? If designers are still caught up on a model from the 20th century then I think they’re crazy. And so are you for thinking “wumpus is right” in the context above.