Anyone Have Nerdy/Video Game Tattoos?

You should get that tattooed across your knuckles. In Elvish.

Indeed.

Nah, tattoos on or near bone are the most painful.

Shitty tattoo artists, maybe.

I realize that tattoo ‘culture’ (ugh) is automatically associated with snobbery, but for the most part no one who is serious about tattoos uses any of those terms in anything but ironic fashion.

Brian, I back you not getting a tattoo that resembles a triskele. This is a good life decision.

But no, tattoos near bone are not the most painful. There’s no science to what is or isn’t going to be a painful location for a tattoo. There are lots of spots that are near-universally regarded as painful (ribs) but everyone has different tolerance and every tattooer is different. Some have real heavy hands or run their machines really punchy, others don’t. I have gotten plenty of tattoos over bone (fingers, legs, elbow) and there’s no real rhyme or reason to it. I always thought something in the webbing of my hand would hurt real bad, but when I got tattooed there it was surprisingly easy.

You should get a tattoo of Peter Petrelli fighting Sylar that says ‘HEROES 4 EVER!’

Tattoo culture is associated with snobbery?

I dunno…

Frank, is this snobbery you speak of from people who identify themselves primarily as people with tattoos, or does that also include normal folk who just happen to have and like tattoos?

I don’t feel snobbish…about tattoos at least…

I swear to God I have heard people with tattoos refer to them as art and/or artwork and I cannot fathom why that would be offensive.

Every culture has its share of elites snobs. I mean, fuck, if Nascar fans can do it, anybody can do it.

Offensive? No. It’s just putting the artwork on a different canvas. As for the people that act as the canvas, well, that’s a decision they will have to live with forever.

This thread sums up Zylon’s thought’s on tattoo’s and other body mod’s pretty well. In fact, Zylon can now stop posting here because he’s just rehashing his own stupid; Zylon’s stupid.

Wow, you add a little bit of racism to a conversation and everything goes all crooked…

Wow, I totally forgot about that thread, and you’re right. Zylon, please stop trolling. Again.

Eh, it could be worse.

Sadly, BCO is going through one of their locked down phases so I can’t link to the thread where he explains himself. Long story short, it was his first time in Florida and his first tattoo.

It’s not trolling when I genuinely believe that people who permanently mark up their bodies with pop-culture references are more than likely a bit addlepated.

Oh god that looks horrible, and likely hurt like hell too, I’d wager.

It’s people like you that started the Nazi party, you know.

Oooooh… Wow. I’ve always wanted to get the Tri Force tattooed on the back of my hand, but I’m too worried it could cause problems with jobs & what not—at least pre-tenure, which is a decade or more off. This would solve the glowing problem & the hiding problem both at once! Or it could be made to have the one triangle glow to specify which piece of the Tri Force it is.

I’m afraid you’ve started something.

I found some excellent replacement tattoo ideas for you, Gomer Rubin. Good luck!

There are guys here with full sleeves and one has traveled to Europe specifically to get tattoos done by an artist that he likes. They refer to them as “ink”, “art” and “work” all the time.

I would think tattoo artists would be the last people on the planet to be offended by calling it “art” or “ink” or “work”. It’s fucking artwork done with ink.