Anyone heard of this $20 mesh wifi router brand?

https://www.viloliving.com

Nope, but back a few years ago when I bought a mesh network from Plume pretty much no one had heard of them at that point either.

The reviews make it sound pretty barebones and kinda slow. And then I assume it’s made from as cheap parts as possible at that price. If you don’t care about any of that, the price is certainly right.

It’s tough to find mesh product. that isn’t super expensive, with a multiple gigabit ports so you can have a wired backhaul for certain nodes. $70 shipped for a 3 pack is almost worth buying just to test it out.

This sounds like a dealbreaker.

Absent right now is support for IP reservations and port forwarding

Someone report back on how far their $20 goes.

Heh. Plume pods were certainly not 20 bucks 🤣

No, they most certainly were not.

But on the upside I bought them well before the company was much known by anyone and got the 2nd set on an offer they made at half off and got life time support (something they now charge for).

Not to promote Plume, but I will say this about them, they work like an appliance, which is to say for the last 4 years I’ve used them and never given them even a single thought because they just work.

That was mostly true when I was using them. They simply didn’t work well in the new house the way it is arranged after we moved a couple of years ago. I’d definitely recommend them if someone has a house with lots of small rooms and walls everywhere

Pretty sure that’s about what Google’s product costs, which is what I use for my home network without any issues.

I also have the OG Google Wifi. Currently $200 + tax and shipping for a 3 pack. It does work well, which is why I’m unlikely to actually spend money on a lark. However the integrated Gigabit ports are a rarity in this class of device. Even the newer Google Nest 3 pack for $350 doesn’t offer integrated LAN ports. In my use case I have the router and 1 extender wired together, and only the third extender sitting on its own bridging wirelessly. The Eero Pro offers this, not the cheaper vanilla Eero 3-pack, but that costs $600!

Yep, this is a 2 story wood house and I wasn’t getting signal to the TV in the living room upstairs so I went looking for solutions and stumble across them and it did the trick.

My Google mesh dealios do have one downstream LAN port each

Google Wifi costs $70US for a single AP up here in Canada. Are you sure it’s $20US for 1?