Anyone know about this new game?

Mutational replacement of Leu-293 in the class C Enterobacter cloacae P99 beta-lactamase confers increased MIC of cefepime.

Apparently its gotten rave reviews from one of the foudners of this site.

What the hell?

Troy

What the HELL are you talking about?

Bruce Geryk knows all about this game. The cephalosporin level is really hard, you need to use the PCR mode to get your score above 8ug/mL

Was Bruce a founder of the site?

“Geryk B”

Here’s a look at Pubmed, the Google for medical articles:

It looks like Mr (Dr?) Geryk has done some work in microbiology. Cool.
How’s the level-grind in that game? :wink:

I demand “mutant beta-lactamase” in Sparky’s game.

That all just sounds like a five dollar word for “midichlorians.”

No wonder he was able to figure out the interface behind Dominions 2.

“Dominions 2: You don’t have to be a brain surgeon, but it helps!”

Sorry Matthew. I didn’t realize your link was the same as mine. I should’ve checked it thoroughly before I posted.

Mutational replacement of Leu-293 in the class C Enterobacter cloacae [b]P99[/b] beta-lactamase confers increased MIC of cefepime.

99? Damn, they’re milking this one to death. I hear that Mutational replacement of Leu-293 in the class C Enterobacter cloacae P7 beta-lactamase confers increased MIC of cefepime is still the best.

While its true you can get a higher score in PCR mode, I still find the lambda phage cloning mode much more challenging. My best is 41 picomolar.

Gamespot gave this game an 8.6.

-Tom

While IGN gave it a 9.3.

What? It clearly desrved no more than an 8.5. Rating systems ar teh suck.

While its true you can get a higher score in PCR mode, I still find the lambda phage cloning mode much more challenging. My best is 41 picomolar.[/quote]
Well, I guess it’s great that you can play it like a sandbox that way, but I find the fascination with viruses disturbing. You may not think the game is hard enough as written, but be careful what tools you get your hands dirty from.

Besides, 41pm? That’s weak. Are you even gettting past the lysis stage?

I chose the alternate mission that uses lysogenic phage, which integrate into the bacterial genome. Besides, PCR is for wimps. Ironmen use phage.

The level grind is VERY bad. After just a few hours, you’re already grinding… But what’s worse, is you get sucked in and grind away for YEARS before you know it. Too bad you can’t “finish” these games faster.

Honestly, P99 is way too fast for me. I get real motion sick.

the class C Enterobacter cloacae P99 beta-lactamase

Has anyone unlocked class B? I can’t get past the cloacae’s gamma-lactamase.

-Tom