Anyone tried the Nostromo n50 Speedpad?

Anyone tried the Nostromo n50 Speedpad? Saw a link over on waterthread.

Yes. I tried using it once. It’s been sitting in my closet for a year now, waiting until I get around to learning their retarded software. Anyone know if they improved it with updates?

They did… it was unusable as installed from disk, but at least operated correctly when the newer version of the software was downloaded from the website and installed.

It does what it does pretty well, once you get it all set up. I have used one to replace a keyboard for a second machine, placing it next to my main system’s keyboard when playing two DAoC accounts at once (which it was perfect for)… it would also be good for task automation and macros for general or gaming use, that sort of thing. I wouldn’t use it in place of my primary keyboard for regular gaming, but I’ve read reviews where people did just that. Key / joypad quality is so-so. Not bad, but not a very refined feel to it.

I have one but the only game I’ve really used it for is Freelancer. It works well if you can adjust to it, at least in my experience.

I tried it in Jedi Knight II but I didn’t like having to shift to different configurations to get everything setup the way I wanted.