Anyone up for some multiplayer Pandora Tomorrow?

The quick-use items for L and R are always what you have assigned to X and Y, respectively. In the item selection screen, I believe there’s a tag on these to let you know. Also, I believe only grenades can be quickuse. Anything in your selected item box is only for the alternate fire of your weapon.

-AM Urbane

I agree that Rorschach’s misdirection definitely messed with Don Quixote and I – we were having a merry old time saying “where the hell is he?” :)

To be fair, though, neither of us knew the map at all. Which is my way of covering the fact the fact that you spanked us but good.

I’ll be trying to host a server with some regularity starting in a few nights (I’m out on business travel right now), and will probably set it to be a “friends-only” server (if that’s possible). I’ve added everyone from the Qt3 list, so anyone reading this should be able to get in.

asjunk aka “Meursault”

That’s cool. All the maps are tought to figure out. I found a new underground route in that very same mission.

Oh, and I didn’t spank you, I died three times and barely got the second terminal within the time limit. :)

Ah. Oops on the bug thing. I didn’t realise the way they worked with both triggers. :oops:

I want to play more games with longer time limits. I’m not sure infinate is a good idea, but 15 should be good. The problem with infinate time is that the spies can just wear out the mercs’ special weapons, and then it’s much easier for them to just do what they want. For most of the maps, it’s too easy for a good pair of mercs to just hold the spies off for the standard time limit.

You’ve obviously not played against good enough spies! And I’m not claiming to be one either, I’m just kind of an average spy, enjoying them more but being better at being a merc, but man, I’ve gotten destroyed by some good spies. Ten minutes feels like an eternity in some games.

Two on one – we should have pummeled you! You did better than a respectable showing. :) Nevertheless, I’m definitely down for the rematch. ;)

Schmidt vs the n00bs!

I got into a game on Vertigo Plaza with three other level 1 people, and when I entered the lobby they were all on the spies side. I figured they were sorting out who got to be the merc, but then suddenly the game is launching, 3v1. I realize it’s Extraction, not neutralization, and obviously I’m outnumbered. My first instinct was to quit, but then I decided why not stay? So I set about mining some things and moving kinda frantically back and forth between buildings. Pretty soon they swipe the data center tube and the library tube and are headed back with both. I figure my only shot at keeping this from being a really short game is to head them off back at the helipad, hoping at least one of the tubes will come down the main bridge instead of hidden above or below it. No luck, I get stunned and watch in electrified frustration as one tube is captured, and I see the other one on radar coming in from the library. Looking around, I realize they’re brining the library tube back via the walkway underneath, no way for me to get to it in time, and some dude’s still zapping me. Well, fine, get your kicks zapping me, I’m just going to stand here and let you win, I was outnumbered on the hardest map to play “catch up with the spy” on anyway.

So I stand there. And the one guy’s having a blast zapping me. Then someone drops on my head, I’m down to half my life. Well great, you get your kicks too.

Then I realize there are three spies standing around punching me. They’re all right there, the tube carrier decided to come back for some merc pinata before capturing the tube. His mistake, my grenade, three dead spies, tube returned!

I’m out of mines and low on grenades, there are two tubes left now, one in the library and one in the office. I hustle back to the library to look around and eventually a spy drops in. I made a pretty stupid tactical error in engaging him and get taken out when he triggers my own mine. The good news is, he goes with it and his partners aren’t fast enough to capitalize on my downtime, so now I’m back with fresh mines and grenades. I manage to hold off all three of them for another six minutes or so, and with some carefully placed mines and hustling back and forth between the office and library, I win when I finally shoot their last spy about 9 minutes into the match.

I can’t take any kind of really cool credit for 1337 skills, it was just kinda dumb luck the way they behaved, but it was quite fun.

That seems like a nasty roller coaster of an experience. I’ve had a couple of those in CS/DoD, where you fruitfully discover you’re the last guy alive while they still pretty much have everyone. I even managed to kill off everyone a few times. But that’s where it really gets going.

— Alan

I hopped on this last night figuring it would be quick and easy to get a game going. I was wrong. Sat in two games for at least 5 minutes each with one other person. Finally just said, let’s play 1 on 1 so I could see what it was like. Got in as a merc, got killed repeatedly without seeing where the guy was coming from, then quit. There is something seriously wrong when it is easier to get a 6 player game of SB going than a 4 player game of SC:PT.

Single player seems as good or better than the first from initial impressions but I was really hoping the multiplayer would be good and actually populated. So far not so good.

– Xaroc

I’d blame the lobby, not the game. It’s tough to get a full 4 people together, and like SB:LOC people who play together start their own game instead of join someone else’s.

There is a learning curve, expect to have you ass handed to you if you have no backup on a map you don’t know. Don’t get frustrated, spend some time learning the basics of the maps from both sides. Even if you lose it’s a learning experience.

As a merc, rely on your gear. Set traps and mines since you can’t be in two places at once. Switch vision modes often, don’t leave your torchlight on all the time since it gives your position away. Keep moving, but don’t fall into a pattern or you may get gassed by a spy camera or ambushed. When you’re under attack, don’t panic, get a wall behind you, stay back from the smoke clouds (they’ll mess with your vision and knock you out if you stay in them too long). You have plenty of ammo so don’t be afraid to spray and pray when you’re being flashed. Laser sight picks out the bad guys as well as a torch does, just a pinpoint instead of a cone. EM vision can see though thin walls and boxes. Finally you can fight back in close quarters with the rifle butt, or a charge, and tazer will stun a spy long enough for an easy kill.