Anyone want to play a game of chess?

I know the rule that it is a draw if the same position is reached 3 times - but I didn’t know the three times didn’t have to be sequential. If the same position is reached on move 70, 80 and 90 - it’s still a draw.

Game 7 is going to be tough for both players.

there was a game between Karjakin and Topalov(?) and they played Blitz or Rapid, and I think Karjakin called the arbiter for 3 fold repetition on 3 different non-sequential moves. Amazing

grafik

Magnus nuked Nepo from orbit in game 8.

Question now is does Nepo completely collapse or not

I think the pressure got him… He played very well until today. Rest day tomorrow and maybe he will try on Tuesday. Hopefully not again the Ruy Lopez, that opening is done for this match. Not sure what he sharp lines he has prepared, though

I think game 6 really screwed him up.

It’s incredible how Magnus patiently and methodically tightens the vice and increases advantage bit by bit in that endgame.

I felt bad for Ian today. Watching the last hour of the game was painful. He had played so well all match and then blundered today. Enormous credit to him for his behavior in the press conference and interviews after the game.

The man bun gone!

post image or it did not happen!

big blunder by Nepo again… c5 was a move I was actually considering, but I am below 1800… c6 trapped the bishop. This feels really tragic.

or Nepo is preparing the biggest comeback in chess history. What’s better than coming back from 0:2? Coming back from 0:3

I think at this point he will be lucky if he doesn’t lose any more.

GG Nepo - it’s over.

he changed his hair style, what else could he had done?

Will all 14 games be played or does the match end when Carlsen has enough points? At this point Nepo is at risk of getting completely destroyed. Results like 5-0 haven’t been seen in a WCh match since the times of Lasker.

once someone hits 7.5 the games will stop - so it could be decided in 2 games technically.

I think Nepo just grinds for draws the rest of the way

Nepo reminds me of the Baumer meltdown from Royal Tenenbaums, it looks like today will be a draw and Carlsen will not do anything fancy…

Oh shit now I’ve got 6 simul games in the tournament.