Anyone want to play a game of chess?

Good game @Juan_Raigada that knight…

I was quite a nailbiter, you had something going on in your corner too…

Will do. As far as I can tell we have two of seven games completed, so it will probably not be until next week at the earliest that we can do pairings. Before starting round two, though, we should see if folks are even around because of the (US) Thanksgiving holiday.

I can’t find a way to get a link for the game that we completed…

I, too, am interested in watching, though. (That sounded creepier than I meant for it too.)

I won my game against jesnell. jesnell, well played.

I think this link should show the game

Mark_Crump and I are still on move 5. We hope to be done by 2022.

Oh here was our game.

Was this a tourney game? Is it complete?

Yes, it was this one:

So far I have three games complete, but let me know if I missed any. I’d prefer if the winner posts the result in this thread so I’m clear on it, thanks.

@tylertoo just whupped me good. Here’s the game:

Thanks for the game @schurem. I got worried early on when you had a forking attack with your pawn on my knight and bishop, and I was pleased to figure out an escape.

This Pocket List has some great resources. Here are a few, many more in the list itself.

How to Get Good at Chess

Stephen MossThe Guardian

You don’t have to be a polymath like Beth Harmon in The Queen’s Gambit to improve your game.

Watch: A Brief History of Chess

Alex GendlerTED-Ed

Trace the storied history of the game of chess, from its origins in 7th century India to the computer software we use today.

Learning Chess at Forty

Tom VanderbiltNautilus

What I learned trying to keep up with my 4-year-old daughter at the royal game.

Concentrate!

Jonathan RowsonAeon

The challenge of chess – learning how to hold complexity in mind and still make good decisions – is also the challenge of life.

Want to Make Better Decisions? Start Playing More Chess

Caroline DelbertPopular Mechanics

Netflix’s hit series The Queen’s Gambit confirms it: A game as old as time can help you strategize for basically anything.

The Best Books on Chess

Sophie RoellFive Books

You don’t have to be a genius to play chess, but it helps. The former Sunday Telegraph editor and chess aficionado, Dominic Lawson, chooses the best books on chess.

I like the article by Jonathan Rowson, particularly the quote “Chess is an arena where system meets psyche”

Rowson’s books are awesome works, both Seven Deadly Chess Sins and Chess for Zebras.

Right now is a golden age for chess publishing. Quality Chess Books in particular has really done outstanding work. New In Chess, Russell Enterprises, Gambit, Thinkers Publishing, Chess Evolution, Mongoose Press, Everyman, and Olms.

Just double checking to make sure that @newbrof vs @vyshka, @AWS260 vs @Mark_Crump, and @krayzkrok vs @SamS are still in progress.

that’s right. Our game is heating up.

Yep! We are working through it.

Yeah, getting a little tricky now :)

Yep! Slowly but surely.