Anyone want to play a game of chess?

I actually beat @newbrof. My chess career has peaked.

A Petrov(?), very frisky. I’d be lost after about move 2 in that opening.

GG Mark_Weston. I had a Nepo moment and lost my rook in a knight fork. Strange oversight…

Entertaining daily game from a Sicilian tournament

board

Thanks. You always play very tough games and I think this is the first time I’ve beaten you.

Also, poor Nepo. Immortalized for his World Championship blunder.

That’s me done for the 2nd round. Maintained a perfect 50% ratio!

Oh hey, that was me! I am baffled by my opening and several hanging pieces, but I do remember this endgame. I have progressed quite a bit since then. I would love to have a rematch sometime. I mostly play 5 minute games & correspondence games.

Heh, that was a pretty wild game. Pieces captured left and right.

Congrats everyone who participated in the Qt3 Tourney (and sorry about all the simul games :D)

Here’s the final standings :

4U7e4AyZ6tyVHH3

strange table, with 9W/2L/1D is less good than 8W/3L/1D Anyways, congrats to @Mark_Weston ! I find it hard to play simul, but it evens the field, more room for errors …

That was very fun! Thanks, everyone, for the games.

I was thinking the same thing; I guess it’s ranking based on Chess.com ELO points gained. But my Chess.com rating isn’t real because I don’t really play there.

Anyway, we would have had a an equal tournament record if I hadn’t misclicked and thrown away that endgame.

This too.

I’m guessing one of the wins came in one of the earlier rounds so it didn’t impact the final round results.

Hey, good game! Yeah, let’s rematch sometime.

Yeah, I was really happy with my play from d5 to taking the rook on a1.

I finally got a double exclam out of the chess.com game review function:

That rook wants to dine with the royal fork!

Excited for this arrival from Russia today

my russian is a bit rusty. What’s the title translated?

Akiba Rubinstein by Razuvaev and Mukhraveri. This was part of a series of books called the Outstanding Chess Players of the World series published back in the time of the USSR.