aow pbem game

You should check it now. Maybe it got a treasure site or two since the last turn.

Turn 2 done for me. Not a bad turn, I got my city up and running, defeated a strong place.

Which is tougher, mythical or legendary places?

Anyway, I find a lot of empty terrain, that I guess I need to fill some how.

Definitely sounds better than my turn. I had 3 fights and lost 3 tier 2 units, mostly because of my terrible decisions. Don’t play strategy games while on the phone, kids. Oh well. At least, I didn’t swear loudly. I hope.

One of the units killed was a storm sister. I hired her in an inn as an initiate and leveled her up to the promotion. I had high hopes for her. Sic transit gloria mundi.

I think mythical is tougher. By the way, “strong” place is actually the weakest one, like ancient ruins or something. I assume you cleared either legendary or mythical site?

I am just about to.

Been focused this turn on building up my empire and making terrain that my people like. A new city was set up.

My only battle this turn was an enemy fleeing from me.

Taking an opportunity of @Thraeg not being around, cleaned up a dungeon. Brought the recently hired sorceress to cast sphere of protection on one of the units. The lady should justify all the money spent on her. One of the units freed was a troll and the other was an orc cavalry. Since the troll would desert me at the first opportune moment, I chose money as the reward. Wait, does it mean I sold the troll and the orc into slavery?
Anyhow, money gained helped me to get back on track to a significant degree. Let’s see how long will they last.

Nothing exciting. Just moving my troops around. Noticing scouting reports, but that’s about it.

I’m going to focus on summoning more troops, since I seem to have a good way of doing that.

Oh that reminds me. I did see an army of 1 titan and 5 support units. I ran away from that.

A few fights here and there, nothing major. Money are running out, but that’s nothing new as well.

Smart move! Out of 5 support units 3 are spellcasters. I’m moving two stacks to intercept the Titan. Hopefully, I’ll be able to bring them together before he’ll destroy them one at a time.

Another crash after having fought two battles without losing any units. I’m on the verge of auto-resolving these last two battles and reloading repeatedly until I don’t suffer any loses.

I. Hate. Mods.

Why are you having these issues?

Sorry, I am sure these are not your fault. It all sounds very frustrating.

Reloading repeatedly won’t help if you do the same actions, iirc, as it will be the same seed.

Edit:

If you change the sequence of actions, you affect the result though, so you could try reloading that way.

Probably a good thing.

On the plus side, now you have a lot more information about the battles.

Dunno. The game has never crashed for me when not using mods. Now it does while using a mod. That’s a data point in favor of not using the mod, especially one that was updated after our game started.

I’ll also note, though, that the game never crashed for me while using the mod in our previous MP game hosted by BBB. But the mod also wasn’t updated after that game started, so…who knows.

Upon reloading, I only auto-resolved the first battle, since it was only for an inn and was a basic fight. The second one, though, I did manually, again, because I had previously charmed a T2. No loss of units in either battle, again, so I’m good.

I think I ended up having four battles that turn, so I’m thankful it didn’t crash a second time.

Thanks for the insight!

EDIT: All of the crashes I’ve had during this game were triggered after opening a unit’s abilities window.

If you recall which, and can reproduce, could help understand what is happening.

Today’s crash was due to my Leader’s window, but other crashes were due to non-Leader/Hero windows. I’ll make note of the unit when it happens next.

We can play without mods the next time. I’m still eager to see BBB - Thraeg rematch.

Only 1 battle, and I lost a Dire Bear. I’ll have another battle next turn, hopefully I won’t lose another bear.

It would be a tragedy for me because I have just one Dire Bear. The nymph calls him Teddy. You, on the other hand, probably summon them by a dozen.

I didn’t lose any units this turn, but I had very few fights. I was tempted to attack a tough treasure site, but I didn’t like the chances. It would be a bad time to lose the leader. (Not that there is a good time to lose the leader). A question to the last game’s theocrats, @Mysterio and @Thraeg - does resurgence work on the leader? Maybe I was scared for no good reason.

Plans continue to be delayed because of lack of money. I had to fall back on the bare minimum steps needed. Well, resource management is what strategy games are all about.

I brought together two stacks to defend against the Titan and his merry band, but they disappeared into the fog. @legowarrior, they might be moving to your direction. Discretion is advised.

The Titan is hanging out near one of my forts. I’m just running away at this point. Might join up with other units and make a stand if he comes to close.

Beats me! I’m not even sure what resurgence is.

If the unit dies but the stack wins the battle, the unit is brought back to life with 35% of their total hitpoints. Since the leader is sent to void, I’m not 100% whether it works in this case.