aow pbem game

I appreciate it. That was quite an impressive force. I can only assume you have several more around.

No, none of my stacks are close to your borders.

Btw, what event did you choose to happen?

The double bone dragon stack attacked one of my heroes. I lost a champion 3 priest. He was brave but stupid. Instead of letting melee units to take the front row he rushed forward the enemy.

I cleared out a coupe of treasure sites, including the bandit camp I discovered last turn, but the rewards were meh.

The most concerning event was one of @Thraeg’s scouts invading inner circles of my empire. I guess this is a prelude to war?

I choose an event that won’t impact me at all and probably won’t impact most of the players in the game. Unless you are a dwarf.

Well, it was just scouting and got lost, but if it’s war you want, that can certainly be arranged.

Yup. Crossed the border line without noticing it just to follow the smell of truffles. Totally believable.

What I want is a new game. Arrange that.

I want to be against that idea, but I that one stack of yours was just a bit scary!

On the other hand, I have an idea for exploding tier 1 Animal Summons!

Just one fight, but it resulted in an unexpected loss. Turns out a vampire baby spider can web a T4 unit and the rest of the gang can kill it during the same turn. Ouch!

Falling clouds affect not only dwarven units, but also other armored units like orc shock troopers and even some heroes such as dreadnoughts.

Tensions between @Thraeg’s evil empire and my domain of tranquil worship continue to rise. Scrax looks decidedly unfriendly.

Not much happening in my corner of the woods. I expected @Thraeg attack my defenseless settlement in the North, but he didn’t. Maybe his heart softened and he decided to follow a more peaceful strategy? Time will tell.

So, if you don’t keep units on a victory point, does it revert to neutral?

Yes, you have to keep a unit on a seal to accumulate victory points.

I did not know that. Okay, I will need to do some more work it seems.

FYI they also respawn guardians at some point if unoccupied

Yeah, that I noticed.

They respawn guardians even if the seal is occupied.

Wow, an alliance between @Mysterio and @geggis was a pleasant surprise! I thought “no allied victory” meant “no alliances”, but apparently it works differently.

Not much to report for me, except that I’m breaking peace with @Thraeg. Mostly because he keeps delaying turns. Bring it on, old ally. Let the fun begin!

Yeah, players can still form alliances, but they can’t win as a team. You built a little too far to the east, so an alliance proposal felt appropriate.

Why haven’t you told me? If I knew you were waiting for me to build a watchtower in the East in order to ally, I would do it earlier!

Two big battles with minimal loses, so I’m happy. Plus, I can start my grand plan of Exploding Animals! Its going to be exciting to see how many exploding animals I can summon up.

Will they explode? Will it be cool? Is it a waste of mana? I’m looking forward to trying it out.

Also, I see a war is brewing. Man, what’s with all the war. Give Peace a chance.

Just kidding, I have no idea what is going on beyond my small borders. I just keep on keeping on. I will need to summon more things just to fly around and see what is happening.

Finally, I can get started on operation “I have to much stuff related to Snow and Ice and that might be a weakness that others can use against me”. I’m going to welcome my first Yetis in the world soon. Not as cool as exploding Animals, but still cool

Four battles, three of them against @Thraeg. He killed one of my cherubs last turn, and I retaliated by downing two of his crows and attacking two of his stacks standing together. I cast the mark of heretic on each of them and attacked with 3 stacks of my own. The game estimated the odds as probable victory. During the battle, Scrax cast Gift of Necron, but my leader disjuncted it on the second attempt. I lost an Ogre, two Crusaders, and, I think, an initiate, but two and a half stacks remained. Visiting a shrine of scarlet destroyer by one of the stacks before the battle definitely helped.

Waiting for @Thraeg’s next move.

What I also learned is that a dwelling can only build race-specific buildings, and not the special ones that depend on a certain treasure site being inside the settlement’s domain. Eh.

No significant battles this turn, just a couple of skirmishes, and a scout capturing an undefended city. Still wondering where Thraeg’s empire will strike back.

I’m in a process of pulling my troops back to defend homeland. If you see any of them passing by, do not be distressed. I have to note, though, that some druids and rogues who I’m not going to name did a poor job of clearing monster spawning sites, so I may have to take a detour to prevent stacks of bone dragons spawning on my borders.