Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

I’ve had two wins so far in about 12 or 13 games. I did pretty much nothing to contribute in those two games except spot/mark enemies when I was down. Great game for bad players.

Played with gingerturtle today - thanks for letting me run with you. Pretty awful for about 3 games, but at least I can find weapons now!

Super helpful chart someone over on Reddit put together. Worth memorizing.

I thought we were really good… at finding weapons and getting revived ; D
Played some matches ealier with Mr. GRIM…and that was fun too! [We even made spot #4, I remember. And it was close ;)]. I think it’s a lot more interesting with people from qt3 :-)
Hoping to play some more with you. Although I have to admit voice chat helps quite a deal. Maybe I can put something up in the near future.

Thanks for the chart, Kerzain. Also, I’m very jealous of your new avatar!

I gave @Shimarenda (and the rest of the world) 5 days to claim it. Unfortunately, I’m no longer kosher.

Ok, I played now for real and I got my first victory in the third game. Although we mostly won because one guy in the squad was clearly a veteran (he had one of the legends you have to unlock and had 90 kills).

I noticed you don’t really win credits to unlock the heroes, you only win xp with each round. It’s only when you level up when (sometimes! not at every level) you win credits that can be used to unlock them. So it’s pretty grindy F2P model in that regard, as I guess you level up slower and slower the higher level you are, as it’s usual.

I recognised it from the silly Lunar Sale Steam emojis! That one in particular stood out to me so good choice!

Anybody else who can’t log in/get into the game menu?

(btw.: Game’s showing me a ridiculous amount of time played… it was’nt even running in the backround. Also strange.)

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1094359357641318401

Yep, apparently I’ve been playing it… 63 hours.

Did pretty good for my first round, friend me on origin if you want.

Going thru and requesting friends. PC: lostcawz

Obligatory, “I kinda suck”. :)

3 kills on your first round? Bah. I’m pretty sure I can/will hit lvl 20 without a single kill.

I dislike most BR games. Yet tried this anyway and don’t dislike it yet.

I tried to give it a good chance today, playing several games and… yeah, I still don’t like BR games. It’s very uneven in the amount of fun I have, some games you can die upon touching the ground, in others I don’t find anyone in 10 minutes but I still die in the first firefight (or I get a kill, and get killed one minute later) so the 10 minutes feel a waste, and finally, only in 20% of games I have the real fun.

Although at least it’s the best BR I played so far, f2p, first person, characters with abilities spice up the game, more teamwork oriented, etc.

It’s interesting because I liked other FPS that were low in ‘action per minute’ where you also have to play carefully, like Arma, but somehow I don’t like BRs. I also remember an old mod in UT (Infiltration) where I played for months a game mode called dtas where you also had only one life per round so it was very tense, but I think the difference is that in that mode there was a clear goal (attack a zone or defend it), unlike BR that is just ‘kill other players until you are the only one left’.

Duh, first person. That’s immediately why I like it better thus far - it didn’t even dawn on me.

Most BRs are first person (or have an FPP option) though.

Shows how much attention I truly pay to the genre…

This is a really good game. If they hire creative people to make interesting characters it will be a huge hit, imo.