Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

Apex doesn’t have building objects which I imagine annoys a lot of people, myself included.

On the flipside, no building and first-person is precisely why I prefer Blackout or Apex to Fortnite.

As far as the streaming stats, Respawn/EA haven’t been shy about the fact that they’ve sponsored some popular Twitch folks to play their game. Beyond that, a lot of unsponsored streamers are playing Apex because it’s the new hotness.

Building is the reason I played Fortnite 2x and uninstalled. Too lazy for that, and it just seemed like a janky carryover that they were too cheap to get rid of from the main game.

I totally get that the building is a great selling point for fans of the game, but that one particular aspect just wasn’t for me personally. I didn’t like navigating the menus, and I really didn’t like obstacles popping up every time I would encounter somebody. It just wasn’t for me, even though it could have been great fun for a younger me, maybe 25 years ago.

I tried Fortnite when it launched, then tried it again like a month later when I was frustrated with the bugs in PUBG, and the building put me off it every time.

Apex is just a better shooter too. The guns in Fortnite feel like toys and they’re really generic.

Apex seems like it really figured out what makes these games appealing without introducing much, if any, annoying bullshit. It’s really a masterful design. It’s hard to describe, but there’s little things like the way the target reticles work on the different guns, the toggling of fire modes, the attachments equipping automatically, the fact that I can pick up items easily (unlike PUBG), the drop mechanics, seeding redeploy balloons across the map, etc etc.

It’s a Blizzard level polish on the game, and serious attention to fun factor. If you love shooters, this is one of the best ever made.

Sorry that’s what I meant, just worded it poorly. I can’t stand the building and tpp so Apex wins by default for me.

No worries. Different strokes. Some people love the on-the-fly building in Fortnite.

I’m enjoying this and can’t wait to see what respawn does with Star Wars.

Clearly I was far too negative in my initial response to Apex. Ultimately comes down to whether people are still playing in 90 days.

I’ve come around on the game as well. Played a few matches with a friend of mine who has lots of experience with BR games and it was great fun with voice comms and working in a squad.

Building, tearing down the environment for building parts, and the lack of consistent aesthetics turned me off of Fortnite. It feels like Garry’s mod, with no desire or ability to maintain a cohesive world of any kind. PUBG nailed the BR fantasy look and feel, but was too janky. I installed Apex last night, but got sucked into Hand of Fate 2. Hopefully will try this soon.

Having a blast with this. I turned on the option for adaptive scaling to maintain a 60 fps, and my accuracy improved drastically! I notice the res getting lower at times, but having a smooth fps has proved to be the difference. I highly recommend trying it out if hitting people is an issue.

Well, this might be the start of a longer (sort of very welcomed) mono-gaming-phase…I’m really not hesitating what to play right now, just starting Apex. It’s been awhile.

I enjoy the shooting. It’s rare that you can’t fight back because the ‘time to kill’ really is long. There’s not much recoil. Only the ‘bullet drop’ seems to matter quite a bit. Sniping isn’t easy.

My main problem is the meta. I’m not good at learning by doing. Mr.GRIM knows the map so well, I have no clue where’s what and what’s what. Same goes for weapons etc. I must read this stuff. I guess I’ll do so. I’m even considering to use voice chat and btw freaking my wife out.

I was critical about the monetisation. I see clearer now: where’s the fun there goes the money… Season pass? Why not!

I don’t typically like these games for various reasons, but this is one of the few games of this type where people aren’t asshats all the time and actually communicate.

I might have to try this. I bounced off Fortnite pretty hard. Most likely due to the fact that what I enjoy about BR games isn’t want Fortnite focuses on. PUBG is basically a horror game, with long stretches of calm peppered in with quick segments of ultra-violence.

This is especially heightened playing alone in FPS, which is basically the only way I played PUBG.

guess what… i did something i never do in a BR… I won a match! AND as the best player! omg this game rocks even more!

1st kill!!! With a pistol of all things. We dropped in hot and both my squadies grabbed fins quick. We got into a firefight almost immediatley and I think I grabbed a pistol that was dropped. Anyway I started shooting and jumping and killed someone. Almost got a second but my squadies were already down so I got taken out. Whoohoo.

I think I’ll keep jumping in hot for a bit. I’m less likely to be much worse weapon-wise that quickly and it’s good practice at the gunplay. I swear I never know if I hit anyone but it feels like I get one shoted all the time.

Played four rounds today :

Round 1 : Winner! And I landed the winning kill!

Round 2 : Teamed with a random pairing who have the same clan tags. They somehow abandon the round in the last second of character choice so I end up on the jump ship on my own. I jump very late to try to avoid traffic and then come in with the ring edge.

Eventually it’s just me and two other full teams. They’re shooting each other and I try to land my arty strike on top of them as it’s the only chance I have to win. That fails, but I do come second all on my lonesome.

Round 3 : Teamed again with a different duo who have matching clan tags, (different clan), and they abandon the round in the last second of character choice so I end up on the jump ship on my own. I jump very late to try to avoid traffic and then come in with the ring edge.

I make it to the last three teams and try my arty trick again, but I attract attention trying to set up the throw and get shot. I come third all on my lonesome.

Round 4 : Winner! And I landed the winning kill!

This never happens to me in BRs, so I may have developed an unhealthy love for the game just today.

You people are all doomed. There’s no hope for you now!

Today must be the QT3 day, because I played one match with randoms today. 4 kills, 2 revives, my first victory and I was the champion!

I haven’t played today, and now I’m scared to because I’ll throw off the average by woefully under-performing.