Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

Season 5 is excellent! I really like Loba. I played as her for a few games and was quickly coming to the conclusion you’ll want her in ranked for her mobility and the store. She also seems to have the medium/small hitbox instead of the one the heavymen do. That’s important.

I really dig the way they’re incorporating their story in the game now. I think that has a lot of potential.

I’ve only played Wraith outside of Loba so far as I kind of got stuck into playing her last season. I am pretty good at flanking people with her and being sneaky. Loba fills this role just as well now so I may end up playing her a bunch with my regular group. I have no sympathy for the Pathfinder people. He deserved that nerf.

As for Warzone, @Wallapuctus, I play both. I was done with the CoD Battle Pass in no time. Ultimately. It’s all “junk” anyway since it’ll always be stuff with no actual effect on gameplay outside of blueprints making it easier to get certain weapon attachments. I dig both a ton and will be playing Apex and Warzone so as to not burn out on either of them. The pace and game length of Warzone is slower and longer which is a nice change of pace from the frantic roar of Apex.

The most costly bundles in WZ are €20, and contains a lot more than “a skin”. There’s usually an operator skin, a couple of weapon skins and several other items. I mean, I still think those bundles are expensive, but there’s no need to exaggerate.

I don’t know how you finish the battle pass in no time. I’m level 78 with 2 or 3 weeks left and I’ll barely make it. If I play every day I get maybe 2 levels? The double XP week was nice, when the XP was actually tracking. Half the time it wasn’t.

This is the Apex thread, though. Apex’s battlepass is designed to soft-cap you at about 10 levels a week, which gets you to 100 if you hit those 10 levels with a couple weeks to spare. This was the calendar for season 4, I imagine season 5 will be paced similarly

Honestly I hate these timed exclusive battle passes. It makes the game feel like a fucking job. I know they want people logging in and playing every day, but it just makes the game feel like stress and obligation rather than leisure. I much prefer the way Sea of Thieves does it, where things are in the game, you do them or don’t, whenever you want. They have a couple seasonal events that come back each year. You never really miss anything by playing a different game. It always welcomes you back.

The skins in season 5 are not to my taste and I’d never use them, so I’m comfortable skipping it. Even Karen Bangalore.

It’s a weapon skin as blueprint too, which means it unlocks attachments you’d otherwise have to earn leveling up the gun, which if you only play Warzone isn’t going to be easy.

@Wallapuctus I just play the games. That’s how I get the Battle Pass done quickly. It also helps to play well as you get more XP the better you play which in both games translates into quicker leveling, although Apex is better about that than Modern Warfare.

In CoD, I also play multiplayer so that contributes as well.

With Apex I made it to 110 with a big break playing a lot of Warzone in Season 4. Do the weekly challenges and get some good games in. Also, if it feels like a slog, quit! When Fortnite felt like that, I moved on.

I’m not Twitch streamer levels but I’m not bad at shooters. I win rounds of Apex and Warzone often enough. They still require me to put in at least 2 hours a day to finish the battle pass. That’s like MMO RPG level commitment.

I tend to not play these games unless my friends are on, so that limits my time. Right now my crew is playing Warzone. I think they like the slower pace because it forces more tactical movement, coordination, and decisions matter more. I tend to prefer Apex because of the varied weapons and character abilities, straight Army Guy games kind of bore me.

Wraith needs a buff!!! Seriously they nerf the F out her and then introduce Wraith 2.0.

A little bit of thread necro to see if anyone is still playing this on any semi-regular basis. I’m DantesWitness on there/Origin if anyone is looking for a mediocre wingman.

I’m on there everyday, but until the add crossplay (it’s coming) I’m on an xbox so not much help for now.

Yeah, same. I don’t play every day right now as I’ve been playing a lot more Warzone, but I play often and I’m on PS4.

One day, PC players and console players will meet and reconcile their differences through mozambique fights.

Now that crossplay is available, anyone still playing?

I am playing.
I’m trying to find the battery for the marv robot. I’m guessing it’s a time release thing to introduce 4 player squads as a timed event.

I didn’t even realize it needed a battery. Turns out I am not observant when it comes to the random things they place on the maps.

I wasn’t sure at first, but if you’re collecting the treasure chests the 1st comic gives you a hint. Gibi’s legendary and the battery are both mentioned.
Again I suspect it’s a game type they’re going to have mid season.

I usually play daily in the evening PST on Xbox. I’m shieldwolf on there too. Happy to play competitive or casual.

Found multiple shieldwolves, but I sent the friend invite in-game.

Didn’t see it.
I’m on Xbox as Shieldwolf (the one and only)
Are you DantesWitness?

Can’t remember offhand if I’m DantesWitness or DanteWitness (depends on their length maximum). From the PC side, it only shows console vs non-console, so I couldn’t see if the Shieldwolfs I saw were on Xbox or otherwise.

I got your invite. I added you.

Apparently not a hit on mobile.

Not sure who’s playing this, but top players got hacked as they played in the finals, apparently. People are still unsure where exactly the problem is, but there seems to be a Remote Code Execution vulnerability in Apex Legends and, as such, it’s a good idea to not play the game until the problem is solved.

EDIT: and, since this could be a RCE vulnerability in EAC (Easy Anti Cheat), it might be a good idea to avoid other EAC games as well until more is known about the hack.

More info from PC Gamer: