Apex Legends - battle royale in the Titanfall universe

EA Exec, “This begs the question, would he have spent $1000 if he had to?”

They should have just made the heirloom items cost $1000.

See EA , I have upper management potential written all over me. ;)

Some people are really dumb.

I am so bad at this game, but I think I like it. I have one kill, and it’s from the time my entire squad ended up with Krabers.

I got a mastiff for the first time yesterday. That shit was fun.

Man, I spent $5 on the lowest pack, because I felt Respawn deserved something for the enjoyment I’ve been getting out of this. I did it knowing I was getting garbage loot in return, but I didn’t mind.

Blowing $500 to get one particular drop is nuts.

The Mastiff cleaned up in Titanfall 2 too. It’s among the best shotguns of all time.

Frothy made some of the best Titanfall tutorial videos, and he’s doing the same with Apex legends.

Specifically, this one is great, because it explains some of the specific mechanics of Marvin’s grapple.

It’s basically very similar to the grapple in Titanfall, but a bit harder because you don’t have the double jump. But you can see in this video the kind of crazy stuff you can do, and he explains exactly how to do it.

He also has videos for all the other characters.

Fixed that for you.

May, that stuff is totally doable. After watching his stuff, i was able to grapple pretty well in Titanfall.

What’s great is that he explains some of the underlying mechanics, which are really key to learning how to do it. The fact that your grapple disconnects if it passes 90 degrees from your aim point is a critical piece of knowledge.

Even just learning the basic grapple jump will dramatically increase your mobility when playing Marvin.

The discrete moment to moment gameplay, movement, looting, shooting, and gunplay all feel great.

However, my overall experience is soooooooo dependent on other players, very uneven pacing, and skill disparity that I often finish my session feeling like a lump of wasted gaming time.

So there are small moments of fun buried in an overall unsatisfying experience.

I really only want to play a few matches a week so I will never keep up with the full time players.

I may keep it installed for the occasional revisit but I think my time will be much better spent returning to Titanfall 2 while there is still a community and great PVE options.

I really like this game, but I’m trapped in the loop of I am bad at shooting->I die quickly-> I don’t get to practice shooting -> I am bad at shooting. And while you certainly can get very far without being good in a firefight, I feel like I’m constantly letting people down. I think my total kill count is lower than my level.

Land with the team and get some weapons and follow them. The best way to help your team is to be with your team.

I think the most frustrating part of this or any team game where you’re going in with randos is that people do tend to run off and not stay together. That inevitably leads to a 3 on 2 or 3 on 1 situation with them on the losing end and now your team is toast. I try to mitigate this by staying with them where they go and if they start shooting, I’m right there beside them when they get into trouble.

At least by working with them that way, you’re giving yourself and your team a fighting chance. You’ll get better at the gunplay and help them at the same time. You also aren’t letting anyone down. A LOT of people have kill counts lower than their level, sometimes by a lot. You’re not alone that way.

This, like any other shooter, requires practice to be good. Keep learning the map and where to find the good stuff and what attachments work with what guns, etc. All of that is information that will make you valuable, and hit R1 all the time to inform the team of things you see or find that can help them if you don’t need it for yourself. Anything Blue or Purple or Gold you aren’t picking up should be R1ed to the team.

I won like 10 matches yesterday with randos. I mean I played A LOT yesterday, but being 40 you certainly can be competitive in this game. I find it easier to get a hang of than I did PUBG. Then again maybe the billion hours of PUBG made learning this easier. ;)

Hit me up if you want to play. I have my bangalore almost up to 100 kills yay. And my banner breathes fire. I shouldn’t be amused by that but I am.

Octavian230 on Origin

They actually made a shop exclusive skin I saw and was interested in buying. I figured why not throw the devs some money since I’ve played nothing but this game for 2 weeks.

Then I saw the price for a skin is $18. Nope.

Ya, the pricing of stuff in Apex is nuts. No idea what they were thinking.

Someone must be paying it. SHRUG EMOJI

I actually had a pretty lousy night with randos last night, which happens sometimes. I had a lot of that running ahead kind of thing, or running off in the middle of a fight, or just picking up every single thing they found leaving me with no gun. I usually play without the headset on PS4 (Pro) because I can say a lot with the R1 button and didn’t feel like interacting in voice chat last night.

Still, I got some kills, and as people were running off, I just used that time to better investigate all the weapons and attachments. I mean, it’s all Titanfall stuff so I’m familiar with it, but it helps to just slow down for a bit and gather intel on what you might or might not like.

One thing I wish people would do more of is wait to take a shot. A lot of times they shoot at someone at max range and that just gives away your position. It’s likely that the other team didn’t see you yet. Close the distance a little before firing! It certainly helps you get that first downing which makes the rest of the fight infinitely better. It also prevents you getting jumped on from behind by another team while you trade long range shots.

My method of playing this game has evolved into the following:

I always prefer to drop directly into the hotzone, if possible, or at least into a high tier loot place close to where the dropship starts.

This means that one of two things will usually happen:

1. I will find a gun, and will kill people in the murderball that happens. In this case, I’ll get some kills and will then be kitted out with top tier loot.
  2. I will run into other people before I find a gun, will die, and then the game’s over like 1 minute in… and then I’ll just jump into a new game.

I’ve found that this is much more fun than landing somewhere with no good loot, creeping around for 15 minutes, and then dying.

Once you have some handle on the gear and the way things work, I think that’s a good way to play. I like a mix of both tbh. I’m not really into edging the map entirely anymore although if it becomes a Solo game down the road that will be a way to win for sure. It’s always good to head for High Tier Loot even if you’re going to be in a fight. The fight will be more fun! You probably get better armor, a bigger backpack, a better gun… that will always make it more interesting.

If I get 1 minute matches a few times in a row I’ll usually ping the Swamp or Artillery so I can at least round up some stuff before the fight.

Dropping into a fight is the only way to go. Sure you can drop somewhere chill and tool around for 5 minutes finding basic gear, but that’s really not very fun. I always go for the Dropship if we can reach it, otherwise Thunderdome or Bunker are my go-tos. You’re always fighting at least 1 other squad there.

On the topic of cosmetic transactions, If they’re going to crib from Overwatch they should copy Overwatch’s loot box system too. Give us one every level (or every other level) and then implement a prestige system or some kind of continuous meter to fill to get another loot box. Right now, once you hit level 100, that’s it, no more stuff unless you pay.

I don’t any data to back it up but I bet that demonstrating goodwill toward the player base in this way will lead to more smaller purchases.